Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fozzie broken into over night :(

Got a phone call from my wife at 8:30am this morning (I work 2am - 12noon.)

Our Foz had been broken into in our garage overnight and the CD player, Bel radar detector and camera plus my sneakers were stolen by some filthy worthless scum :( Fozzie has a damaged stereo surround and torn wires where once there was mintness and sounds :(

I may have disturbed the pricks as I got orgainized to leave for work around 1:30am as they left a door open and their light inside on the passengers seat...Police are on their way for fingerprints though I'm not holding too much hope.

Bastards have the keys now as our 18month old son may have been playing with them in the garage...and left them lying around out there somewhere. We used the spare last couple of days... They have the keyless entry main key :o so we'll have to have not only the barrels replaced but also the transponder thing that receives the signal & masters the central locking...not cheap I suspect...despite the excess and loss of no claims discount thank christ for insurance! :(

Not to scare you but just be aware the insurance company might come back at you about the key thing. Especially if they are missing. One might suspect the car was in the garage with the keys in it. .. bet thats what they will be asking.

Swindog']

Not to scare you but just be aware the insurance company might come back at you about the key thing. Especially if they are missing. One might suspect the car was in the garage with the keys in it. .. bet thats what they will be asking.

Yea I've been talking with them already...not an issue at this stage - they are already pricing quotes and have ok'd the lock & key replacement for the house and booked the panelbeater for dash repairs...our word agaisnt a thieving scum if it did come to that...

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

not good man not good..

just out of interest what part of tauraunga are you in???

Not good at all dude but at least we still have the car so we can get that down pipe on soon aye :)

We're on Bellfield place, Cambridge Heights/Te Reti area.

gutted another foz getting hit do you think they were after the car of just the stereo and radar?

my neighbor as only just gotten his back from the auto electrician after last fridays break in.

Not cheap he is also glad he had insurance but he lost his no claims bonus.

We live down an 80m driveway, well off the street with some big trees around and little light from neighbouring properties... The fact they got the keys but mucked around with an $800 cd player and 5 year old RD suggests they weren't inclined towards full blown car conversion... I'd like to think it was an opportunistic crime but it reeks of some fore thought and a large dose of luck with the keys falling into their hands :(

Basically I reckon they'd cased the joint and just got lucky with not having to bus their way into our Fozzie...though I beleive I disturbed them so they hadnt done all their research properly! fukers

Thought about leaving the alarm in but disconecting the locking, then fitting a new alarm?

That way, if they come back they can think they've disarmed it and then set the shock sensor off and you could be there to thank them with a big pipe... ;)

New keys once programed removes all the old keys from the system and they wont start the car if O/E immobiliser system

When programming a new key to a car, ALL keys that are to be used must be programmed again (ie all at the same time)