Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

gf6 impreza hesitating to rev plus cat converter glowing

wrs_guy

kwi_fozze said:

Hang on, i think something is being missed. Did you say earlier that after the manual conversion, as long as the handbrake was up it ran ok, but ran like dogbollocks with the handbrake off?

yeah it changes the idle speed with the hand break on it idles at around 1100rpm and doesn\'t shake that bad but you drop it and revs die out to about 500rpm and it runs like crap what would cause this?

subirex said:

sounds like your cat converter is partially block or melted due to excessive fuel being pumped through the engine when it was misfiring. check you cat first.

It\'s still running on 2 cyl need to get it sparking before I worry about the cat or if nessary ill cut the cat out

looks like you have tried all possible things to rectify the fault, now go back to basics.

remove the h/t lead thats not firing (while one end attached to the coil), and poke a thin screw driver on the other side, put screw driver about 2mm above the earth and crank engine, if the spark shows than your coil and leads are o.k.

second check your compression.

third check your timing.

subirex said:

looks like you have tried all possible things to rectify the fault, now go back to basics.

remove the h/t lead thats not firing (while one end attached to the coil), and poke a thin screw driver on the other side, put screw driver about 2mm above the earth and crank engine, if the spark shows than your coil and leads are o.k.

second check your compression.

third check your timing.

i tryd to do that but using a mint spark plug got no spark at all in 1 and 2, i have also meted the leads whey were fine and ive tryed the coil in my 97 hx20s runs mint with the coil, could be compression but then 2 motors that ran mint as they were pulled out of running cars? i bet its something small thats gonna piss me off 2, got a guy comeing around to have a look at it tomoro hopefully he can pick it up oh yeah i also sanded back all the earth wires but failed..

so i have solved the problem one of the pins had pulled out of the main plug duh dunno how i missed it now runs sweet as apart from the exhurst temp sensor is on now i got 1 from pikka part the other day so ill do it all tomwro

thanks for all the help any way