Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Can anyone recommend GPS lap timing app for android

Stoffa

Stoffa said:

What have people used, I dont mind paying for a decent one.

I used trackmaster. I should\'ve used an external GPS. I may have had more success with it. When you\'re gearing up to go racing the last thing I felt like doing was organising the split markers etc. So, from my research, trackmaster and racechrono are the ones to use.

For the record, as has been suggested to me, I\'m going to buy a phone dedicated to the car, and try racechrono for the playday. If that doesn\'t work I\'m going to buy a dedicated unit.

Oh I like, installed racechrono at a price I like, free, looking at their website these 10hz qstarz bluetooth to your phone for more accurate timing. http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/gps/automotive/auction-556991502.htm

Racechrono already has Manfield in the track listings, already set up with split points and start/finish loaded

that makes for some pretty cheap laptiming, or for $200 you can get a flasher one that you can dump onto your PC and analyse later.

Stoffa said:

Oh I like, installed racechrono at a price I like, free, looking at their website these 10hz qstarz bluetooth to your phone for more accurate timing. http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/gps/automotive/auction-556991502.htm

Racechrono already has Manfield in the track listings, already set up with split points and start/finish loaded

that makes for some pretty cheap laptiming, or for $200 you can get a flasher one that you can dump onto your PC and analyse later.

Yep ! That\'s the GPS unit I\'m going to buy. Just need to find the right phone with a big enough screen.

*Edit : Actually I just bought that one.

Stoffa said:

nah, they\'re the nz supplier, he\'ll list again. just holding off as I may need my money for some rims im trying to talk my mate out of

I know its not GPS system but ...

I\'m looking at getting in a heap of stuff for my rally car from these guys when I am back to 100% & rebuilding it again. Even with the exchange rate and freight I have found I can still get stuff I want from these guys a f*ck load cheaper than buying in NZ. Im not looking at buying a timer at the mo but I saw these set ups while I was diggin thru the site. Down the bottom of the page they have a beacon and in car timer available for a decent price. Dunno if its what you want thou! Have a looksee thru the rest of the site, there some very wantable toys on there!

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/lap-timers