Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Drag questions subaru specific

Few questions about subaru 4wd street driven drag cars not ott but more 10/11 sec bracket.

What would the ultimate torque and power curve look like? Everyone says you want powerband 5500-8000 sort of thing but isnt that when torque curve is falling over?

Where do you want to make time is 60ft more important than power further down the track?

Close ratio or longer better? Final drive?

Seems 250-300kw pulls 11s. 350kw built for drag would pull a high 10sec with a good drive?

Im not planning on doing this was just thinking about it. I dont get why people dont strip out wrxs and run 10s.

Btw post if you actually know, not if you think you do.

not so sure theyre subaru specific things, same theories apply to any 4wd drag car (apart from gtrs which just do weird sh!t)

power + weight + s*** not breaking / gearing has some effect = timeslip

off topic but if only it was that easy - plenty of examples of cars with either way too much or way too little power for the times they run, hell i had a mitsi doing a mid 12 which could get walked by a stockish gtb/prelude

brett lee sangs evo was perfect example of how to do it right i guess, just made the right numbers and drove it like a rental

to a degree the 1/4 mile is able to mask a car or driver - one or the other can help or hinder the other

a

evowrx said:

Few questions about subaru 4wd street driven drag cars not ott but more 10/11 sec bracket.

What would the ultimate torque and power curve look like? Everyone says you want powerband 5500-8000 sort of thing but isnt that when torque curve is falling over? - lots and lots all above 5-6 grand, thats where you drive it, there is no need for low end whatsoever

Where do you want to make time is 60ft more important than power further down the track? 60ft can make or break your time, but bulk power can overcome a poor start nicely

Close ratio or longer better? Final drive? - ideal is to be tapping limiter in 4th crossing the line

Seems 250-300kw pulls 11s. 350kw built for drag would pull a high 10sec with a good drive? - see above i guess

Im not planning on doing this was just thinking about it. I dont get why people dont strip out wrxs and run 10s.

Btw post if you actually know, not if you think you do.

Brett lee sang set the bar high. Theory was he could smash gears hell quick. I was to young to be watching him in person I just read about it. Stockish car as far as mods go. In reality tho a ra stripped with similar mods would pull similar timeslip? not far off weight wise. Drivetrain, forged shortie, fuel, g4, turbo, waic or meth injec etc, possibly head work and rental driving again = high 10sec?

Obviously all coming back to the driver.

i think you get your 60\'right the rest is easy, a 1.3-1.5 is nice into the 10s

kws is just numbers and will change big time from dyno to dyno and track days but 350kw will get a 10

if you got a small power band i think short ratio will help out more then long

around 650nm will make things easier for u

R8TD_R said:

i think you get your 60\'right the rest is easy, a 1.3-1.5 is nice into the 10s

kws is just numbers and will change big time from dyno to dyno and track days but 350kw will get a 10

if you got a small power band i think short ratio will help out more then long

around 650nm will make things easier for u

Best time to date? Also got a pic of engine bay and car love that stuff lol.