Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to read fault codes??

Ryan

Guest boostcut
 Ryan said:

I've found the two black wires and connected them, but the CEL just keeps steadily flashing? No error code flashes etc..

i think it should flash code 55 for system normal... i doubt this will tell you why your car wont start tho.... have you checked basics??? does it wind over? fuel? spark? my bet is you have put fuel lines back on the wrong way around...

Guest boostcut
 Ryan said:

Winds over sweet, fuel definately coming from pump, and can smell fuel after cranking for awhile. Unsure of spark??

pull the fuel line off and check if there is fuel actually going into the rails not dead heading into the regulator. also pull a coil and plug out and check... have you plugged all sensors back in? crank angle and cam angle? temp? have you heard it fire at all?

Na got the air flow meter connected, it has a slightly bigger connector. Theres a big empty space there because I've got the AFM sitting right on top of the turbo (due to having no 90 degreen silicon bend after upgrading to VF22 turbo!)

Guest boostcut

it should still run without the afm tho.... that pipe is the vacuum for the pressure reg... it was in the pipework under the manifold that you have taken off.... just run it to a tee on the manifold..

Does it matter that the two bottom hoses off my boost solenoid aren't connected? Keeping in mind that I just want the engine to start at this stage, obviously the wastegate hose will need to be connected in the long run!

img0013ttz.jpg

Go through the basics

Diag check, OK ?

Fuel - is the fuel line from the filter going to the top fitting on the fuel rails

- is the pump running for about 2 sec when key first turned on?

- do you have fuel inthe tank? (sorry silly Question)

Spark - remove 1 coil and place an old sprk plug in the end of it , place the end of the plug to earth and try to start - any spark?

One easy mistake also is #2 injector plug and cam sensor plug can be fitted around the wrong way - check this

( will log faults of 13 and 15 )

Fuel is hooked up correctly, and when I take pipe off by regulator it comes out sweet. Pump runs for 2 seconds when ignition turns on. 1/4 of a tank of fuel. Just tested a coil and got spark sweet..

Whats the diag check?

If you have been trying to start with that ignitionmodule plug disconnected, your spark plugs will be foulded

Remove them all and check before you go too much further

Guest boostcut

your cel wont go out until the engine has started???? i could be wrong but id be focusing on getting the btich going