Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Boost Problem?

tydon

Im getting a sort of boost cut i think not sure. i can accelerate with my foot quater way down and go past 5000rpm and not hit cut but when i put my foot down hard after 5000rpm it will hit a sort of cut like hitting a wall and the car will sometimes turn itself off it doesnt throw an cel codes or any check engine light

Any Ideas? going to change AFM later tonight when pick one up

Yup its a TT .

on the booost gauge its running around 1.2 bar on full boost. i can drive it so it doesnt boost cut but when i put my foot down after 5000rpm it will "hit a wall" and die till i change down gears and let clutch out.

I did notice after AFM change it did pull alot nicer it used to hesitate a little bit aswell wont know if this is still a symptom till i take it for another drive again tomorrow.

That\'s a lot of boosty boosty to be fair

Seems like a secondary turbo problem more than a misfire or something? Just from what you\'re saying anyway

A misfire or cut would probably be occurring on primary just as badly, what boost shows on the gauge after switchover - like does it start to rise up again like normal? Or does it just go to 0 and lose power

Also what do you mean the car turns itself off sorry? Like someone\'s turned the key off?

was unable to check boost but it runs fine when on boost and i can ease it in to boost and it wont cut but as soon as i put foot down flat it cuts after 5000rpm.

it seem to be running standard boost from the feel of it

• 2 weeks later...

so i picked up some coils today and they are know good ones got a set of 4 and noticed that they are brown in the centers as opposed to the two coils i seen in my engine bay have white centers could these mean i have two bad coils?

ive changed all the coils now and the car drives alot better now but still have the original boost problem when u put your foot hard down it boost cuts over 5000rpm and occasionaly the idle will drop down and come back up to 800ishrpm

it idles nicely but occasionly drops and comes back right again.like it almost stalls.

it takes longer normal to start like it doesnt start straight away will take a couple seconds and then start fine everytime

Ok does it switch on to second turbo at all

Thing is at 5000rpm that\'s just as second turbo is coming on so if there\'s something messed up going on there, it could be triggering a cut of some sort

Just an idea maybe try locking it into parallel and see if it drives fine, try to rule out if the problem is sensor/spark related or a physical issue with second turbo

The revs going mental at idle still seems like a leaky bov or afm problem - I know you replaced it but hey