Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

G4 Dyno Tuning Auckland

Just wondering if there is a agreed best place to go to get my v6 Sti Ra tuned. Got the G4 Plug and Play and done all the small prep stuff I want to but just hoping you guys can point in the best place to get it done.

few things on the car. vf22, full 2.5" turbo back exhaust, Semi tuned headers with 3" up pipe, 500hp Walbro fuel pump, cold box with pod.

Havent done anything with the injectors and dunno if I can be bothered. See what it can do with that.

Cheers.

Changing injectors may net another 10-30kw atw depending on how the dyno smiles for you.

Defo go somewhere who will tune closed loop boost control some people cbf with it but damn its good. Probably see similar results most places. I found Gary capper pbms was the cheapest $800+gst. Other places were $1200+gst.

That up pipes a silly idea go back to a stock one.

revive said:

Just wondering if there is a agreed best place to go to get my v6 Sti Ra tuned. Got the G4 Plug and Play and done all the small prep stuff I want to but just hoping you guys can point in the best place to get it done.

few things on the car. vf22, full 2.5" turbo back exhaust, Semi tuned headers with 3" up pipe, 500hp Walbro fuel pump, cold box with pod.

Havent done anything with the injectors and dunno if I can be bothered. See what it can do with that.

Cheers.

semi headers are the best, rids of the dumb subaru noise, 3" upipe??? really that big?

if your keen for a drive to sunny hawkes bay we have WRC developments which charge $800 inc GST

and they know there stuff, if you have a G4 I would opt for a change in injectors, but the yellows will do the job.

Changing injectors is fruitless without a bigger turbo the extra little bit you get most likely wont be noticeable. Unless you have bigger plans for later. Decapping is free just need to get flowtested/cleaned roughly $70 otherwise you need top feed adaptors or aftermarket injectors etc $300+.

Wasn\'t me that did it. Car came with it like that.

Yes Gary capper is where I heard to go, just thought I\'d check with you guys.

Not really wanting to go any bigger (famous last words).

Cheers

Just do injectors later if you get to it. You will need a tune for the bigger turbo if you upgrade that anyway so throwing injectors into the mix then wont cost you anymore.

But definitely definitely change to a stock size up pipe.

Personally I would say if you have the chance / ability to get larger injectors now, it would be worth doing it before the tune

You could make say the 230 ish mark with the factory injectors, but they will be running at their limits - you could have a "safer" tune with more headroom going to larger. It\'s not ideal for them to be maaaaaaxed out, if there is a quick easy option then if it was me I would take it.

If nothing else if you *did* go larger down the track it would cut down on time taken to retune to a different turbo as well

Flip a coin I guess

230kw...maybe on gcp dyno but in reality i wud never see yellows past 220wkw while not being fully maxed out (if running safe afr)

personally i set afr to low 11 (some consider it on the richer side) but have see most of the gcp tunes to have mid 12 as target afr....maybe thats safe..i dunno..rather stay on the safe side..

anyway as above, get bigger injectors now if u can and then tune and even if u dont use them fully it will be a whole lot easier in the future when u get a bigger turbo as be a quicker and cheaper retune

Ease now or ease later makes no diff really.

Think mine was 12.1 max been a while too busy playing with other aspects.

Mate had a setup do 234kw atw 4wd vf22 setup on kents dyno. End of the day its a number how does it feel to drive/time down quarter.

im dropping my car off to gary next week some time. cant wait to see what power it makes. im running 550s and a slightly bigger turbo with a bit of other work on a version 3/4 motor. ill be happy with 220kw :D i want good low end response and not a ton of lag. i dont mind losing a bit of top end. your driving preference determines what parts and upgrades you should get.

Theres a blue side feed like what vadzters running off late legacy? which are plug and play. They will max vf22 but better not to push it dont work the turbo as hard as you can as I think ut starts to turn into a bit of a heat pump at top end of the scale.

Otherwise you can decap what you have - hotly debated as to whether its any good or not but member on here made 330kw atw with decap pinks iirc. Also ran decap yellows and he hads no issues. Take you 15min with a file then get them cleaned/flowtested to know theyre a good matched set.

If you want it safe go to ID1000 with top feed conversion theyre meant to be the shizl. Idle like stock or better as with the bosch ev14 which is cheaper.

Im doing the same thing will be using decap pinks.

different feeds between v6 and v8

u need side feed for the v6 as the v8 is top feed

or get v8 rails and adapt to fit

or get matching rails for the sard and ft to ur v6

or out a v8 manifold on the v6...