Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

96 Legacy RS TT what lifter setup does it have

Stacov

Hey all got a 96 RS TT here just wondering what lifter setup are in these? hydraulic or solid as the drivers side its pretty noisey but goes away the more you drive it

Drives fine just abit annoying tick lol it mainly when cold. its a BD5 169k on motor

just changed the filter today using magnatec 10-40w prob after about 15mins of driving its only a slight tic definety quieter then what it was after the new oil. maybe next time it goes into my mechanic ill get them to check the clearances

cheers

Ahhh ;) So Shims used 97 on, then adjustable from 2000? Acvs from 2004 on?

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EJ_engine#1._Rocker-style_HLA_EJ20G_usage:

EJ20 engines fall into 3 categories:

1. Rocker-style HLA EJ20G usage:[edit]

Legacy RS 89-93

Legacy RS-RA 89-93

Legacy GT 89-93

Power output ranges from 200 PS (147 kW; 197 bhp) @ 6000 rpm and 260 Nm for the GT to 220 PS (162 kW; 217 bhp) @ 6400 rpm and 270 Nm for the RS versions. Engines can be identified by coil on plug with 2 M6 bolts per coil and valve covers with 4CAM 16VALVE and horizontal lines above and below the plug holes. All these engines have the air-to-water intercooler setup (chargecooler) and oil squirters.

2. Bucket-style HLA EJ20G usage:[edit]

Impreza WRX 92~96.

Impreza WRX Wagon 92~96

Impreza WRX STI 93~96

EUDM Subaru Impreza Turbo 94~96

Power output ranges from 220 PS @ 6000 rpm and 260 Nm for the WRX Wagons to 275 PS @ 6500 rpm and 319 Nm for the WRX STI Version II. Engines can be identified by coil on plug with 1 M8 bolt per coil and valve covers with 4CAM 16VALVE and horizontal lines above the plug holes. Generally these engines all have the slanted intercooler. Some engines may not have HLA buckets but solid buckets with shims underneath. These engines also feature lighter valves, the intake valves are marked INKO and the exhaust valves are marked EXKO. The standard HLA valves are I252 and E283 respectively. All WRX Wagon engines and automatic sedan engines came with a TD04 with 90 deg elbow, all manual WRX sedans including STI versions had a TD05 with 9

3. Shim-over-bucket style EJ20G usage:[edit]

Impreza WRX AT 97~98

Impreza WRX AT Wagon 97~98

JDM Forester Turbo 97~98

EUDM Subaru Impreza Turbo 97~98

Power output is 250 PS @ 6000 rpm for the Japanese versions and 211 PS for the European model. Engines can be identified by smooth valve covers, plug leads and a wasted spark coil in the middle of the intake manifold. These engines were available with both manual and automatic transmission in Japan, but generally had manual transmission in Europe in the Impreza Turbo.