Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Jumpy/Laggy Secondary + CEL

swanson-07

Front mount - Too over priced

Primary I want one that NOT ceramic cause im naughty and want comp surge :D

Boost tap im open too / quite keen to find max boost and wind it back 3psi,, $50 get me a tap?

intake is new

Single turbo ive considered but not worth it to be and im not a fan of WRX my legacy is luxury

Looking at getting the CAT removed as I was told id get better boost flow ect / slightly more pickup

Front mount - use a WRX one, $200 for a second hand kit and a weekend project of fitting it to the TT setup

Primary - they aren't ceramic? Its not a skyline

boost tap - sure?

Intake - I meant a smooth silicone one like rossub brought in, you get them off ebay

Cat removing - absolutely - there is two of them, one under the drivers bum, the other in the primary downpipe. Centre one is easy to remove, downpipe one is worth the trouble but a bit more of a pain in the ass

You can't get compressor surge with the TT - the turbo is too tiny. you can get the chuff chuff chuff noise from no BOV if you want, just block the BOV outlet - it will probably kill the turbo one day, maybe, your risk. It won't kill the motor, but it isn't meant to be great for the turbo bearings. Your mileage may vary, heaps of guys who have run cars for years like it with no issues, also heaps of advice from turbo repair guys saying "yes, it will hurt it"

Intercooler - no that wouldn't be including pipes to suit TT, a WRX kit fits fine for the bulk of the plumbing you just need to make your own adaptor to bolt to the turbos is all. Any exhaust shop could weld you up a wee Y-pipe to fit them together and you're away (or could likely find something off something else, a legnum VR4 Y-pipe would be perfect for example)

Absolutely worth doing, only negative reviews I've seen of FMIC on the TT's have been from those who haven't tried it or drove one with a leak or something stupid. 0 change in spool up time and definately wakes it up, especially in traffic etc where the top mount would normally heat soak like mad. It also mitigates the VOD a lot in the lower gears, having a much bigger "reserve" of pressurised air seems to help it

Everything was fine until this afternoon, I changed my GFB to full recirc rather then full vent, now it boosts 9psi and has no pull what so ever. I get a click sound in the back only on take off, The exhaust note changes. Its a bloody temperamental car!

Ive since changed the BOV back to recirc and still no better it was at 7psi and stopped now im getting 9psi? Ive left battery disconnected overnight will let it idle for 20mins in the morning before going for a drive hoping that it'll be fine. It feels like its misfiring but ive got new sparks coils ect less then 1000km ago, ive only used 83km since its been fine :(