Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Any one done a TT to ST twin scroll ? (Christchurch)

Jono24

Jono24 said:
You sure you don't want to come to chch and help me? You are going to get alot of questions by forum

I just read your bit on the bbod and your troubles and it sounds like what I'm experiencing now with a center decat and sequential controller and a solenoid in the bbod ticking like crazy when boost increases.

I'm not sure when I'll be over next, so can't make any promises. There will be someone nearby if you get stuck, also the more questions the better.

Let the BBOD tick all it wants, it's getting ripped out soon. :)

Jono24 said:
When going to coil pack from coil on plug, do i need new sparkplug leads? Also do indeed a new inlet manifold gasket or is the old one reusable?

Cheers

Providing the old leads are in working order nope but why go backwards? COP is the way forward.

Again providing theyre appear fine reuse them but personally for $12 a pair for nz gasket ones I just replace them each time.

Jono24 said:
Hey rosssub, can you comment if we need to change the gearbox cross member for the standard down pipe?

I haven't got mine in yet but you shouldn't need to. The twin scroll downpipe should almost mate perfectly with your TT mid section.

I started ripping into it tonight after work. drained down the oil, got intercooler off, most of the manifold bolts off but struggling to undo the turbo bracket bolts on my own (getting help tomorrow). What is the sensor connected to the exhaust manifold on the passengers side right beside the heads? exhaust temp? pressure? O2 sensor? do i need this for my single conversion or can i just cut it? I cant crack it with a cresent and don't have a ring spanner big enough (i'll have another look tomorrow), the cresent is just ****ing it...

Cheers,

Thanks, Rosssub and evowrx, unplugged and got a 22mm ring spaneer, sorted.

all twin turbo hardware gone, Twin scroll sump and manifold is on, up pipe in, all primary lines blocked. now to figure out how to mount the turbo in the engine bay.

Friend helping me was taking the pics, as soon as i get them off him i'll put them up.

Thanks for the help so far guys.