Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Many Fault codes! v2 Sti ra

gf8boss

Hi Team.

I recently brought a 96 v2 sti ra shell and dud motor (major water damage left to sit). Iv removed old ej20 and replaced with another ej20 block and heads from a very similar sti ra. I used everthing originally on the old motor and put it on the new 2nd hand block and heads I got.

The car started straight away when first fired, had a idle issue which required the afm to be replaced then idled like a dream. When I drive it, it comes onto boost and at about 4-5000rpm onward starts to cut very aggressively! Its getting fuel, spark plugs are brand new and there is no vac leaks. the CEL is on!

Took it to a mechanic friend who plugged a diagnostic computer into the car and it showed MANY current fault codes (list below). He said the strange thing was that he could'nt ERASE the code and test it again? (stuffed ECU?) This is a major headache for me. Has anyone got any advice on where to start? could I need another ECU (could be fried??)

I don't wanna send her of to a sparky and cost me thousands! Its just got a small boost cut/miss, surely all these codes cant be current? Im going to buy a genuine o2 sensor and start there. Coluld it be timing? could some of the codes be old??

HEEEELLLLLPPPP please :)

33. accel pedal switch

32. oxy sensor

24. idel control sys malfunction

14,15,16,17. fuel injectors

11 crankshaft posi sensor

31. t.p.s

52. parking position switch

Edited by gf8boss

i would be looking at all the contacts makesure there not corroded, unplug everything spray abit crc plug it back it. replace crank position sensor and tps sensor sensor. disconnect battery for 10minutes to reset ecu.

You bought a heavy water damaged car so a headache and thousands of dollars it will cost;)

Hi, thanks guys. Cars reg is on hold, car wasn't water logged. just the motor filled up as previous owners ill treated it to the worst degree.

Have just 30mins ago dropped the car to the gurus at Subaru Armstrong to diagnose faults and advise on repair.

thanks again