Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BOV issue.

patooks

Hi everyone. Last year I had a GFB response BOV put on my car.I took it to Pit Stop and I thought all good it has been set up fine. Over the last wee while though I have noticed issues to my rev counter when coming to a stop, it hunts up and down and a few times my car has stalled.

Took my car to see the guys at Highbrook Autos on Tuesday and the first thing the noticed was the BOV has been put on back to front. The hose that was meant to go to the silver screw in bit of the BOV had been blocked up with a metal bung and the trumpet and the silver screw on the BOV are the wrong way round. So removed the bung and swapped the two around on my BOV and put the hose onto the silver screw in bit and put a clamp on that.

Took the car for a drive and WOW feels like a new car,pulls so much harder but no BOV noise now though as it is plumb backed, but can't believe this whole time the BOV installed wrong was causing all these issues. I haven't had any revs hunting up and down since.

Has any one had issues similar to this before?

Iforce isn't working :(, pretty much the BOV is black. You have 1 trumpet that is black and a silver screw in thing that the is meant to be plumbed back to the original hose. They bunged up the hose with a metal thingy, but the 2 items on the BOV weren't connected to anything.

That bov is designed so you can run 50/50. I believe you can turn something on it to change the ratio between external and plumb back. Guessing high brook changed it to full plumb back?

Some people do have problems with running full atmosphere ie: hunting idle and stalling when stopping.

What I'm picturing is The 50/50 GFB Respons BOV but it was originally installed bolted onto the TMIC, with the recirc hose being blocked off (like you would an HKS SSQV) not plumbed onto the recirc from the BOV, leaving it open, also the vacuum hose being left off as well....

I can only assume they have now hooked it up properly and set it to 100% recirc.

Guitar_Guy said:
What I'm picturing is The 50/50 GFB Respons BOV but it was originally installed bolted onto the TMIC, with the recirc hose being blocked off (like you would an HKS SSQV) not plumbed onto the recirc from the BOV, leaving it open, also the vacuum hose being left off as well....

I can only assume they have now hooked it up properly and set it to 100% recirc.

That's how I understood it also

You will be fine to adjust it to 50/50 if you do want a bit of venting cause lets be honest, who doesn't like it every now and again. It shouldn't affect performance either.

As ADIKT said, running it at 100% atmo has been known to cause stalling and backfiring as well but it is unlikely. The reason it would have driven so poorly before is cause not

only was it plumbed incorrectly, it wasn't plumbed at all.