Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

gtb standard boost

ajb86n

Block the BOV off completely and go for a drive to rule it out. Guessing you're venting? Also removing any OEM restrictor pills from the manifold-BOV vac hose will help and make it more responsive.

The right bank head breather hose disconnected means that the intake can draw unmetered air post AFM, which could cause AFR issues.

CEL 66 again points to a dirty/sticky solenoid in the BBOD. First check is making sure the ECV and IACV are moving in test mode.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosssub said:
Block the BOV off completely and go for a drive to rule it out. Guessing you're venting? Also removing any OEM restrictor pills from the manifold-BOV vac hose will help and make it more responsive.

The right bank head breather hose disconnected means that the intake can draw unmetered air post AFM, which could cause AFR issues.

CEL 66 again points to a dirty/sticky solenoid in the BBOD. First check is making sure the ECV and IACV are moving in test mode.

Roger, will make something ghetto tomorrow.

BOV is stock at the moment, if its the issue some form of venting one will go on to replace it, might do that anyway.

Hose is straight from manifold to BOV, no pills, as per Marky's Hose10 mod.

ECV and IACV are both moving now, I'll take the BBOD out completely and check all teh hoses, they're a bit hard to check properly when its in the car.

Then clean the living daylights out of it all!

Sweet. You can check the diaphragm in the OEM BOV by connecting a length of vac hose to the BOV nipple, then suck on the hose until it opens. Then block the hose with your tongue and make sure it's holding pressure/vacuum, if it releases or wont open properly then the diaphragm is split or leaking.

Can also do the same with the secondary relief valve (diaphragm pressure test).

Right, progress is progressing!

Several solenoids in my BBOD are dead or dying, which would explain several other things, like the inconsistent single to twin switching.

At least I have eliminated the BOV, the IACV, and ECV being the issue!

Its the solenoids what that control them which are dead/ dodgy.

Might replace teh BOV anyway, for more choo choo.:cool:

Marky said:
I do wonder what would happen if you locked in parallel, and tried to adjust boost from there

Would answer if your issue is related to solenoids being hinky or something more mechanical

Interesting, will give that a whirl tomorrow.