Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v5 wrx factory boost

ajb86n

That is correct, they are also notorious for failling if you look at them sideways.

I wouldn't by any means say yours is poked, more just it's a known issue with them, they really seem to dislike anything other than a dry filter in the stock airbox for some reason

hey guys

so just went and bought some welding tips at 0.9 and its still not holding boost and is hitting about 1 bar so have i gone to small and should i get a 1mm tips

also does placement have a factor in this as they are quite long tips and i have it closer to the wastegate end of t peice however the t peice is pretty much touching the pill

CHeers

Doesn't matter how close to the t-piece the pill is, providing the t-piece isn't restricting flow through the pill. As long as the pill's on the compressor side not the WG side:

restrictor_paint_dot_001.jpg

A bigger pill will lower boost. Is it getting to 14psi then dropping again still? If so, try blocking the BOV recirc hose off completely (BOV-intake).

Edited by Rosssub

Try blocking the BOV recirc hose off first. The BOV could be opening at full boost and dumping back to the intake lowering boost, then closing, boost builds and then it dumps again.

The 1.0mm pill will lower max boost from 14psi to about 12psi, but it wont stop it dipping down to 7psi.

Boost controllers are fine to use as long as you don't over do it. I've been using a cheapo trademe MBC for a year with no complaints:

MBC_install_004.jpg

Or maybe the thing is pulling boost back on purpose cause it's pinging it's head off for a different reason

Remember using the restrictors is only changing the characteristics of the factory boost solenoid - a manual controller might fix the boost holding issue but is masking the actual reason it's being pulled back

Kind of like how taking a triple shot of pre workout might make you lift heaps once, but wont fix manlet syndrome

Can't help but notice afm being mentioned twice from 2 good members but seems to be falling on deaf ears. i have a few here working.. Wondering if the cel codes are clear? You can try clean with afm cleaner but you need to use a cotton swab soaked in afm cleaner to gentle wipe over the sensor part. Does it have a pod filter or factory?

I may have just found the reason marky just checked the codes and knock sensor code come up so ill be getting that done hopefully next week but no other codes

will be getting a full sevice in the next couple weeks hopefully aswell

hijacka na mate standard engine no poddy or anything but will clean the maf sensor tonite and see how it goes

Cheers everyone

ajb86n said:
I may have just found the reason marky just checked the codes and knock sensor code come up so ill be getting that done hopefully next week but no other codes

will be getting a full sevice in the next couple weeks hopefully aswell

hijacka na mate standard engine no poddy or anything but will clean the maf sensor tonite and see how it goes

Cheers everyone

I have fixed quite a few knock cel codes via replacement of the afm on v5/v6 and tts of that gen

Sometimes you can get away with a clean but most of the time it will need replacement.

Subaru armstrong have knock sensors for 70-80 dollars. I have both functioning parts here