Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

crap...

pixel-pimp

right so tuesday night my car stuffs out. think ok its the alternator as there is no charge in the battery, fine ill replace it and itll be sweet.

replaced aternator, no change.

repace battery, no change.

jumpstarted and took for a quick drive to try charge battery up, found its only getting about 8-9 volts through the system (Apexi Turbo Timer has a built in voltmeter)

any ideas??

im stumped..

1994 Legacy GT - Automagic

get a multi meter, put one lead on to the car chassis and the other to battery positive.

If you have 12v its prob not a bad ground.

From the positive post test back to the fuse boxes till you find you volt drop.

cheers guys ive got Ray poppin over in a sec to try help

thing is it was perfectly fine till tuesday, then 3am BAM battery had no charge so used friends battery to start the car - no jumper cables :-X

oh and it was a 2nd hand alt; out of my grandwagon, which runs fine (just not rego/wof'd)

nailed it in one keltik ma man.

gonna rip the one off the grandwagon, as well as the rubber bush underneath to see if that will fix it.

fingers crossed this time..

pain in the ass thing tho is getting to the bloody thing to take them off. where can i find a couple of little japanese people that can fit inside a subie engine bay??

many thanks to Raydeo for helping me out today, cars running as smooth as ever so at least i can get to work tomorrow...

Box of beers or whatever coming your way at your leaving do me thinks!

oh and thanks Keltik too - that start-the-car trick worked well!

cheers guys

• Admin

yeah the ruber bit on the crank pully was nackered...

i was wondering about that from the moment i saw it...

good we got it sorted and great that you had a parts car sitting round lol...

i normally dont like using the starter to losen the crank pully bolt as ive heard it can make the cambelt jump teath, but on this occation we had no choice... (damn automatics) took a bit of doing too but got there and car is going so alls well that ends well

glad i could help

Dunedin Road-Side Rescue Crew Saves Another Life...!

long pinch bar down into T/C acess hole

Locate T/C bolt and hole in flex plate, insert bar and torque crank pulley up

This also works to undo crank pulley when the genuine tool isn't about :)

Glad you found out that that was the prob....

If you kept driving it round the pully could fly off and go thru raditator etc do alot of damage

RAYDEO said:

i normally dont like using the starter to losen the crank pully bolt as ive heard it can make the cambelt jump teath, but on this occation we had no choice...

I Cant imagine how it would make it jump a tooth?

the pulley bolt is only in to the crank shaft and the starter goes up against the flywheel wheel. that power would transfer only down the crankshaft to turn the bolt agaist the bar.

Ive always used that method to get pulleys off. Never had a problem.