Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Shaving my intake manifold.

wrx_lou

Ive been attacking the shit out of my intake manifold, grinding off all the notches and what not. Most of its coming off sweet, but where ive taken the radiator tank mounts off Theres two holes that go deeper than i intend on smoothing it to. Basicaly wondering if these can be plugged with bodyfiller or the like or if they need to be welded.

evlRA said:

just take to an engineer dude they will weld it up for you cheap as.

you dont want any leaks in your intake manifold

There arent any leaks, more worried about wether filler would flake off with the heat of being so close to the engine. I supose the cost of getting them welded wouldnt really be much more than a tub of filler though.

SPANKU said:

Jono did a good job on his one. but he used fillers and sanded to smooth then painted

What sort of paint did he use? I'm looking at using car paint as I'm after a metalic/pearl gold. Was thinking of going to PPG and getting 500ml to a litre mixed up and then getting it put into spraycans.

Im sure this stuff would do the trick:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Business-farming-industry/Farming-forestry/Other/auction-247879223.htm

also known as knead it in shops i think. same price in shops so easier to get from them

i used this on the bottom of my sump which was cracked (one of my other cars), pretty much sealed it up. would always be abit of oil there after driving tho

wrx_lou']

[quote name='SPANKU said:

Jono did a good job on his one. but he used fillers and sanded to smooth then painted

/quote]

What sort of paint did he use? I'm looking at using car paint as I'm after a metalic/pearl gold. Was thinking of going to PPG and getting 500ml to a litre mixed up and then getting it put into spraycans.

I used metallic brake caliper paint, Mine was only filled to make it smooth not any holes as such. you wont need anywhere near a litre, 100ml would be plenty. I got 500mls and did my rear wing and front splitter and have well over half left.