Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

JDM v5/6 99-00 Full service manual - whos got one? & yes i did a search!!

gazzy2000

Hey,

after the full JDM v5/6 99-00 WRX STI service manual.

Did a good search on CS & looked at all the links availiable ;)

yea i have the possumlink one, that is the right plugs and wiring etc but not what i am after, i am after the FULL JDM service manual.

Anyone got a copy?

CHeers

log1call said:

There is an 98-00 impreza workshop manual and a suppliment for the 2002 sti here...

http://cid-4ca3c3459aaa7f7f.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public

You;ll have to pick and choose which features your car has.

Thanks Brett, yea that hasnt got the right plugs (for mine at least anyways)

I guess the one i am after is the one that the Link manual must have pinched their diagrams from for their v5/6 booklet.

So youd know if it was the right manual as the plugs would look like these:

ytdzx1wk.bmp

Nah I wouldn't know for sure. You'd have to check the colour of the wires, the positions, the colour and the shape of the plugs to be sure it was right.

They change things like the colour of the wires and the plugs for a reason... so you don't try and fit the wrong ecu!

Those two diaagrams you sent me a while ago seemed to be right Eh?

Oh, and so. tell me Gary, which way did your TPI wotk? High voltage at idle or full throttle?

log1call said:

Nah I wouldn't know for sure. You'd have to check the colour of the wires, the positions, the colour and the shape of the plugs to be sure it was right.

They change things like the colour of the wires and the plugs for a reason... so you don't try and fit the wrong ecu!

Those two diaagrams you sent me a while ago seemed to be right Eh?

Oh, and so. tell me Gary, which way did your TPI wotk? High voltage at idle or full throttle?

I have yet to see a FULL manual with those plugs pictured in it.

Yea those ones i sent you (one for a BH and the other was the possumlink v5/6) are spot on, i was just after the full version of the v5/6.

yea, the possumlink is all installed awaiting a road tune first thing Monday. I have been for a boosted drive and it feels really good. I havnt done a full on WOT drive yet.

I am fitting the old ECU and running that data file for you and vwrx dump for you this morning.

I have to start putting the car back together for my drive to Blenheim (1000kms return) on Wednesday. So any further testing will have to wait sorry.

Cheers

log1call said:

What is it you are tryig to figure out Gary?

I have a wiring diagram for an Impreza with those connectors you posted up, but it's not a full service manual.

Nothing special, just things like TPS adjusting/testing and other sensor testing. In general it would just be good to have the right FULL manual for the v5/6 STI.

Did you get my email with all the data files & logs etc?

Yes I got the logs and there is no rev reading in there which is bumming me out a bit. I'm pretty sure we have all the common readings except for O2 and revs. Both revs and O3 are normaly easy to spot so i reckon these ecus have those readings somehere else, right away from the rest of the data which is all pretty much in a narrow wange of addresses.

The other ecu I was studying though had the rev reading where they reckoned it would be, in amongst the rest of the addresses. That one didn't have the O2 either.

I'll keep looking around on the web.

That throttle sensor... they are all the same readings and test procedure but some start at a low voltage and others start high and go low. As long as the voltage range is correct and nice and smooth, with no spikes in it, it will be ok.