Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2002 Lancaster 3.0 fuel efficiency

Hey people,

Anyone got any idea what the fuel efficiency / economy on a 2002 Lancaster 6 should be. Im only getting 7.5km/L mixed travel. I got this wagon as a direct import a month ago and the dealer SAID it was serviced.

The wagon has only done 64,000km and the engine has just has a major decarbonization done on it. I'm just looking to see what the standard is with real users not just some Japanese comparison table.

Also when I turn the VDC off it turns back on (or the dash indictor switches off) once i get to about 50kph. Is this normal?

But man it goes like stink, mint wagon.

Cheers,

Squirel

was just playing with the controls. I leave it on.

Any idea on the cause of the fuel inefficiency? Or what the normal is? Its pretty much 50% suburban and 50% motorway travel.

Hi there, congrats on the new purchase, what exactly do you mean by "major decarbonization done" - I've never heard of anyone having this done, my workmate has a 99 Lancaster 6 and gets about 600+ km's easy out of a tank of mostly open Rd driving.

Hailz said:

Hi there, congrats on the new purchase, what exactly do you mean by "major decarbonization done" - I've never heard of anyone having this done, my workmate has a 99 Lancaster 6 and gets about 600+ km's easy out of a tank of mostly open Rd driving.

Hazard a guess that's a really fancy word for upper engine clean, or the like?

I get 580km out of 54L doing mostly highway driving in my manual H6. Thrashing the piss out of it i can get down to 400km out of a tank. Best ever was 640km out of a tank.

When mine was auto i usually saw between 550 and 450km out of a tank. You should definately be doing better than 300. Even keeping it floored sideways around manfeild i got 200km from a tank :D

I just finished making manfeilds new site! Hope you like it. I gotta get down there.

Hmmm looks like i need to take it back. I have a roady from Auckland to Taranaki over Xmas so unless I get 500 to the tank ill take it back and get it looked at.

On these motors a dodgy a/f sensor is a fairly common fault that would have you running rich. About $480 for a new sensor tho so its not a cheap option.

ahhh well the beauty of that is I bought it a month ago and it had a fuel economy certificate so they have to fix it or is false advertising. It should be doing 9.8km/L so that is a difference of 120Km per tank. They cant argue that point much.

P.S. let me know if you have any suggestions for Manfeild.

Guest boostin
 keltik said:

On these motors a dodgy a/f sensor is a fairly common fault that would have you running rich. About $480 for a new sensor tho so its not a cheap option.

These will throw a fault code though. The CEL will be on if its faulty.

Could it just be the sparks or something? I was told they were checked but I think ill go check them myself. Its the only thing I can think of other than crap in the injectors etc.