Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Cambelt Diagram EJ20

2themoon

I'll see if i can find the wrx manual i have somewhere, If you get a genuine one all you have to do is actually line up the lines with the lines on the cam gears and its all good

Genuine one i got had it on the side so i could tell if it was a valley or a peak..

Bazza-NZ said:

I'll see if i can find the wrx manual i have somewhere, If you get a genuine one all you have to do is actually line up the lines with the lines on the cam gears and its all good

I noticed the cam timing is out on my car probably causing knock and putting the ecu into safe mode running only 5psi, so Id like to reset it myself to make sure its ok, I really just need to know where the crank mark goes as the diagram I have is not clear at all, just wanna make sure I have the diagram before I even get started :)

2themoon']

[quote name='Bazza-NZ said:

/quote]

I noticed the cam timing is out on my car probably causing knock and putting the ecu into safe mode running only 5psi, so Id like to reset it myself to make sure its ok, I really just need to know where the crank mark goes as the diagram I have is not clear at all, just wanna make sure I have the diagram before I even get started :)

The arrow points to the right hand side, 45 degrees...

Look on the cam sprocket, there will be a line on it (not the arrow) and you match that up with the marking at the top of the engine where you put your crank sensor in (should be a line on that part)

If you can get a photo of your engine I'll mark it out for you

Bazza-NZ']

/quote]

Look on the cam sprocket, there will be a line on it (not the arrow) and you match that up with the marking at the top of the engine where you put your crank sensor in (should be a line on that part)

Ok cool :) the mark on my (crank pulley) should be at TDC ? because at the moment mine is reading that its almost 45 degrees ATDC

2themoon']

/quote]

Ok cool :) the mark on my (crank pulley) should be at TDC ? because at the moment mine is reading that its almost 45 degrees ATDC

have you reset your timing belt?

Yes it should be in line with the mark on the block (which leaves the arrow pointing out to the right [from standing frontal])

Visit this....

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/cambelt.htm

Everything you need to know with pictures

Bazza-NZ']

/quote]

have you reset your timing belt?

Yes it should be in line with the mark on the block (which leaves the arrow pointing out to the right [from standing frontal])

Visit this....

http://images.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/files/cambelt_right_exhaust.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/cambelt.htm&usg=__icUYiRANn_QjaAd6_zM110ghFi8=&h=450&w=600&sz=58&hl=en&start=41&sig2=z0wrtBRkyh9OiGaHdYl4SA&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=CgdCwI-6VESSOM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsubaru%2Bcambelt%2Bphoto%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3D9YQ%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1&ei=vKs1S_SACYmssQPL1oycBA

Everything you need to know with pictures

Shot brother thanks for your help ;D 8)

So I did the cam belt yesterday easy as fixed alot of my problems I was having , the only problem I found was that all the marks did not line up dead on , found out that subaru made a stuff up on there castings but kept printing them :o why would they do that ....

Ha, that sounds like a mate of mine that couldn't start his commercial fishing boat. He reckoned he had a crook starter.

When I went to look at it the batteries seemed flat so I suggested we jump start it, which got it going. Them I looked at the charging gauge on the dash and there was no charging, so I pointed that out to my mate and he reckoned "Oh no, the charging is ok, it's just that gauge, it stopped working about two weeks ago". He was wrong though.

Why do people assume the gauges aren't working right when the gauge doesn't show what they want to see?

Why do people assume the car has been made wrong when it doesn't do what they want it to do?

Agreed!

If the marks don't line up you probably need to move the crank a little, well one tooth really, which equals half a tooth on all the other sprockets, then wind them all forwards or backwards and they will line up until the belt tightens when, generally, only the left inlet moves a little.