Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Whiteline adjustable swaybar

Hi guys, i have allready upgraded to a 20mm rear sway bar.

But now i want to get some new endlinks and bushes aswell.

I am looking at the noltec ones on trademe, ive heard they are quite good.

But thats going to cost me about 140 to do, which isnt much, but for 150 i can get this whiteline 22mm adjustable swaybar.

It says its for a 1994-2000gc-gf series (without OE swaybar).

Will this whole kit just bolt up on my 2001 sf5 forester? check the link

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Subaru/Suspension/auction-262974302.htm

I'd say it would fit. Most of us have GC8 STI rear sway bars fitted as upgrades over the tiny factory one. Go for it. Just be careful when your foz goes around corners 1,000,000 times better than before 8)

Guest itsgotgo
 matdaymon said:

I'd say it would fit. Most of us have GC8 STI rear sway bars fitted as upgrades over the tiny factory one. Go for it. Just be careful when your foz goes around corners 1,000,000 times better than before 8)

never had one upgraded in mine :)

However i went around corners just fine,pays to have a few years of driving under your belt ;D

But you young fellas just get what you need to fill in for inexperiance lol :P

that looks like a good deal ay.. but i read up on the whiteline site, and apparantly it wont fit for some reason. which i cant understand. Something that it isnt for a turboed car. But they all have the same chassis dont they?

so i ended up getting new noltec bushes and endlinks for my 20mm sway bar. and it also made a big difference compared to the standard endlinks. It also took away some clunks i got from the rear.

I just clicked the link again and its saying that it fits GD/GG 2001-2006 Imprezza's... Didn't it originally say it was for GC chassis?

GD/GG won't fit an SF5, GC8/GF8 will.

Worst case scenario with GC/GF aftermarket ones would be if the links were or bushes were completely different somehow and you had to get aftermarket ones as well. Otherwise if its supposed to be a "direct bolt on modification" it would bolt straight up to the SF5

Bemrose said:

yeaah im so confused with this now

so it will it fit GC with after-market links?

No, the above link is for a GD/GG chassis. It won't fit a GC chassis (their different setups) and in turn SF5's.

Put simply GC/GF8's and SF5 Foresters share the same basic chassis. Most bits are direct bolt up but some have subtle differences (eg mounts for bolt on bits). As long as they are the same year and phase engine.

V3/4 Sti parts pretty much all bolt straight up to SF5A Foresters (1997/98) V5/6 parts bolt up to SF5C/D etc

After these models (i.e going into GD Imprezzas and SG Foresters) each got their own unique chassis so you pretty much can't swap bits between the two easily. That said, where there is a will there is a way but its prob easier to get model specific parts.

yeah, then the guy that is trying to sell it on trademe doesnt know what he is talking about ay.

He probably bought it for his GC impreza and then it didnt fit.