RAYDEO

ClubSUB's 20th Celebrations and Mega Meet 2017!!

253 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, MrMacKenzie said:

It feels as though it has been a very very long time since Taupo... especially as I have been a pedestrian since then. I am pleased to say that my little car is finally back on the road with a freshly rebuilt engine... and it only took three months.

Nice one!

I was thinking about you this morning actually. Wondering how you got on.

Great to hear she's all go again.

1 person likes this

On 24/07/2017 at 7:37 AM, pedro said:

What did you end up doing to it ?

It was two big end bearings. The crank was not salvageable nor were the rods. Head was fine and block got a little machining. V7 Sti crank rods and pistons went in. The sump has also been extended and baffled.

Back to to the shop in a week or two for new injectors and a link.

6 people like this

On 7/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, MrMacKenzie said:

It was two big end bearings. The crank was not salvageable nor were the rods. Head was fine and block got a little machining. V7 Sti crank rods and pistons went in. The sump has also been extended and baffled.

Back to to the shop in a week or two for new injectors and a link.

Nice work!

When things like this break why not upgrade a little eh!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Joker
      Whos' do what & where?

I'm planning on heading up Friday 21st with no particular plans for where or when

anyone got a place to pop a Tent?

the Amazing race thingy kicks off 11:30 am from Taupo "Wharf" Redoubt Street

so kinda keen to get comfy the night before & perhaps have a catchup & reminice about Mega Meets gone by, (bring your MM dvd?s

jared
    • By Joker

APR22 Interested ClubSUB.org.nz 20th Year Celebrations '17 Amazing Race Adventure Sat 11:30 · The Taupo Market · Taupo
    • By Joker
      Be hard to miss the notice at the top of the forusm & on our Facebook Page

Formed way back in 1997 in Hamilton we're gunna do a thing & hope as many of you can be there as possible!

Based around a Track day @ Taupo & a few other events TBC

if you're reading this or just love Subaru's you're welcome to attend & be a part of our 20th year in existence!

ideas & suggestions are still welcome as the Admins nail down specifics

• Recent Status Updates

• Steve

Hi all. So I've just seen on Facebook about a thing called The Gumboot rally it's on the weekend of the 7th of April. Goes from Hamilton somewhere down to New Plymouth then across to Taupo and also includes The Forgotten Highway which is an awesome road to drive, as I have done it a few times now. If you are interested go have a look on Facebook should be a fun weekend I reckon.

Stay safe on the roads over this time there are some CRAZY people out there who only think about themselves!!
      · 1 reply
    • Steve

Anyone going to Automania Auto festival tomorrow up at North Shore events centre?
      · 0 replies
    • Steve

Does anyone else on here know or own one of the crouching tigers?
      · 1 reply
    • Matty t  »  gotasuby

Help me please Hi iv fitted a dump valve to my vectra c 19 cdti 150 bhp. The 1 I bought was a twinport or receculation valve I don't no just bought and had a go of fitting it my self.  On looking at the car I thought I needed to block the 2nd port so have done bought a t and fitted it on the main intake Of The top Of The intercooler to the inlet on to Of The head.  Ran the bleed pipe and td it in to the on top Of The intake now it's just realeasing through the revs rather than when I lift of it's not because I blocked the other port is it thanks
      · 0 replies
    • WKDWRX

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPPX4eLDujb/
      · 0 replies