Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Will these fit?

Um just want to change rears cos mine are farked - are these lower than what I have? They only got the rears for sale too I think?

wont fit bro - the s204 has a different design compared to our v7 design and so wont be abolt on job

i think u could change the top hats - not 100% sure if will be compatible but the camber etc will be different as v10 and v7 are very different

be better to get a v7 setuop for the same price

This is true, ver7 setup is the same price for all four :P

Pappu - what's the specifics of the difference? I thought the GDB stuff was all the same, but it'd be good to know what the differences are. Is it just those tophats? Easy enough to change in which case (if you're a masochist).

Ah that makes sense. One of the few stupid subtle things they changed.

Good thing I didn't buy a set of ver10 stuff for my Legacy then eh :P

Looks like it's a set of 7/8 gear for you eh Me Old Wert? Keep an eye on 'sycko' on TradeMe, he often has ver7 and ver8 gear.

Miller said:

Ahh afraid not.

From my model up (ver9) the bottom of the shock, where it bolts to the hub, is wider. So its to loose and wont fit on the ver 7 and 8 hubs.

Cheers

Only on the new style front hubs. The rear hubs are the same width on the clevis as the previous STI models...

Tony']

[quote name='Miller said:

Ahh afraid not.

From my model up (ver9) the bottom of the shock, where it bolts to the hub, is wider. So its to loose and wont fit on the ver 7 and 8 hubs.

Cheers

/quote]

Only on the new style front hubs. The rear hubs are the same width on the clevis as the previous STI models...

Soooo will these fit?

na bro - the v9 onwards does not fit the v7 front or rear. a mate recently bought some v10 ones for his v7 wrx and they didnt fit as was different mounting loccations. I was not around during fitting but from what i heard it didnt line up- we then put in a set from a v8 (was around then) and he sold/selling his v10 set on trademe

u can try to make an adapter of sorts but dont think the cost will be justified ay 8)

pappu said:

na bro - the v9 onwards does not fit the v7 front or rear. a mate recently bought some v10 ones for his v7 wrx and they didnt fit as was different mounting loccations. I was not around during fitting but from what i heard it didnt line up- we then put in a set from a v8 (was around then) and he sold/selling his v10 set on trademe

u can try to make an adapter of sorts but dont think the cost will be justified ay 8)

what doesnt line up? the top hats into the strut towers? or the bottoms onto the hubs?

• 3 months later...

So these are going for next to fu*k all now - I would still be keen on them but have too much conflicting advice as to whether they fit or not?

Can anyone say for sure that they will fit? Or do I just buy them and re-sell if it dont work?

If they are cheap, buy them. If for some strange reason they dont fit, the only difference will be the top hats which are easily changed with yours, but as far as I know, all the GD chassis have the same bolt spacing for the strut tops so you should be fine.

Dont listen to any of this other rubbish about them not bolting on down at the rear hub clevis, the R180 rear hubs (on GDs) are the same, and Subaru have not changed the bolt spacing or clevis thickness on these rear hub parts.

Sorry, I cant tell you what the ride height will be like, but it should work out okay if you just swap your original springs into the new shocks... worth a shot of the price is good.

Hope that helps :)