Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

POD FILTER vs STOCK AIR BOX

CMPLSV

Which do you perfer? (post your reasoning in the thread)  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you perfer? (post your reasoning in the thread)

So everyone, ;D

what do we perfer? im in 2 minds about wether to leave the POD ive got (came on the car - has given me no probs) or change back to the Stock Airbox (which came with the car)

Half the people ive asked say leave the pod - ive got a good brand other half say get rid of it?

Opinions and reasons people....

Ready...............Set............... GO!!! :

Brand's don't really matter.... Some do flow more, but at the end of the day, all pod's take power away.

I prefer stock airbox. Reason, my car came with a Blitz pod, run rough, rich and was generally not that nice.. Put a stock box in it, way smoother, more power according to my ass-dyno, also didn't blow as much black smoke.

id go either, stock airbox with freed up piping OR a good cold air box around your pod.

Either will work well, but if you dont wanna make the cold air box for your pod id go standard air box every time.

People have stated that pods will decrease power, but imo its the opposite:provided they have a good cold air box with cold air ducting/ram flow effect. If they do not then yeah.....they run rough, richer and feel slower.

It should be mandatory to put a pod filter into its own air box with a cold air feed.

This is a redundant thread;

Pod with no air box = shit

Standard air box = good

Pod with air box = better than good.

The main difference between the two is, the standard arrangement will keep the boost curve much flatter.

A pod setup will give more of a boost spike.

CMPLSV said:

so youd perfer stock airbox?

....... i asked for choice and reason - presume you picked stock airbox not pod, from you explanation???

I tht the choice from the explanation was self explanatory - Yes Airbox

My car runs 200kw+ on a modified airbox as above. I have tried an Apexi pod filter and i could feel no difference apart from the induction noise was louder. I did log some crazy high intake temps tho.

My tuner did a test and found my std modified airbox was causing no restriction at my power level.

Rossmnz said:

id go either, stock airbox with freed up piping OR a good cold air box around your pod.

Either will work well, but if you dont wanna make the cold air box for your pod id go standard air box every time.

People have stated that pods will decrease power, but imo its the opposite:provided they have a good cold air box with cold air ducting/ram flow effect. If they do not then yeah.....they run rough, richer and feel slower.

+1 pod with cold air box or leave standard box

I have a HKS pod because of my intercooler piping but i am currently getting a cold air box made as on several times i have felt the filter to be quite hot after a blat around town. im gonna get another pipe to feed cold air from down by the spot light up into the new box, air should be nice and crisp once it reaches the filter

Image5.jpg?t=1236987927

try and get one machined to go from strut tower to the headlight bit.

Put a rubber bung all around the edges and use the bonnet to shut the top on. Should stop most heat transfer mate.

As you said, with a flow of cold air then it should be all good eh