Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V8 STI Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Replacement Q?

Koom

My friend has been told that she needs to replace the air fuel ratio sensor in her V8 STI and has been quoted $800.

Anyone know if you can use a sensor like an Innovate (or similar) to replace the factory one? I read somewhere on here that they are 0-3v, are they simulated wideband or full or something different? i.e. can you emulate the signal via the aftermarket sensors software?

Or are you stuck with having to purchase a factory one?

Yeah after asking Tony at RDL about it, it sounds like using a proper replacement is the only way forward that wouldn't do my head in.

Although I've found this thread on Nasioc that states this list of replacement sensors for the 02-05 WRX (USDM);

ACDelco - 213-2843

Airtex - 5S4302

Bosch - 15537

Denso - 234-9011

NGK - 24659

Subaru - 22641AA042

Walker - 250-54004

Going to continue googling for a while before giving up hope of finding a cheaper than $800 replacement.

Simon C']

Just did mine. Got quoted similar, thought it was a major ripoff. Did it myself with an hour's labour + $240 for the part shipped straight from the USA (Denso, who is the OEM manufacturer). The OEM part number is 22641AA042 I think. https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1378773,parttype,5132

Cheers, I'll pass that on.

[quote name='Optical said:

She must be hot if you're trying to get your head around all those numbers

a) I like numbers so they're not the problem, trying to figure the difference between usdm and jdm is what gets me and

b) I like to help friends out. I'd be doing the same if she was a dude :P

Koom']

[quote name='Optical said:

She must be hot if you're trying to get your head around all those numbers

/quote]

a) I like numbers so they're not the problem, trying to figure the difference between usdm and jdm is what gets me and

b) I like to help friends out. I'd be doing the same if she was a dude :P

i jest i jest

what are these sensors, narrow or wideband or something new?

haha thought of another reason too, boredom at work and its given me something to research :P

I'm not entirely sure what the output of them is but I have seen some posts stating 0-3v semi-wideband (I'm guessing similar to wideband but within a restricted range. I really should try and find a service manual which would normally state the output curve? There's heaps of stuff on the net with people using the Denso 22641AA042 which is easy to find and is shown as suiting a EJ205 WRX but I haven't found anything that tells me if the 22641AA191 is essentially the same sensor or not.

And the Japanese parts places only show 22641 as the part number for a bunch of different sensors for non-turbo and turbo variants. Wish the USDM and JDM stuff was easily interchangeable for once.......

Guest boostin

I couldn't tell you the voltage range as I've never stuck a multimeter up its jacksie, but on the Select Monitor they have a varying current output, and that's how the ECU judges whether it is rich, lean or stoich.