Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

6 Speed into V4 RA

subiv5']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

I wouldnt pay that unless it came with the DCCD setup. But I've been told that I'm a tightarse.

/quote]

Being a V10 it would be DCCD wouldn't it? What else would you need DCCD wise?

centre diff, rear diff and computer + controls. Dont look like its included in that auction. And if its like the earlier models, not all of them would come with it.

If youre car is DCCD then all you need is the DCCD box not computer..The DCCD loom is the same and your dccd computer WILL run it this is the way im running it..

You will need a 3.9 Ratio rear diff, with a 6 speed driveshaft or auto i think works also.

You can use the 5 speed starter as long as your use 5 speed flywheel and clutch combo which is fine this is what iv done.

If youve got a DCCD car with R180 already then you can use your existing axles.

However if you need to change to a r180 diff (non dccd factory car) then i think its a bit more difficult in what you need for axles...

But as yours is a RA you will just need a box, diff, and driveshaft...Oh and youl need to use your 5 speed speedo drive...

As for price...Its ok i wouldnt be saying its a MEAN deal...I have heard of better deals than that for whole combos...In terms of getting your hands on a whole package for a good price it is difficult but they DO come up even if people say they dont you just got to spread teh word and keep your eyes out.

If you need to know anything else let me know..

nt_a_foz']

You will need a 3.9 Ratio rear diff, with a 6 speed driveshaft or auto i think works also.

the front portoin of the drive shafts are the same, just need the back/shorter half. They all bolt together.

If youve got a DCCD car with R180 already then you can use your existing axles.

you dont NEED to change.. mine works just fine on R160 and using DCCD. (v2 STI RA is R160 and 3.9 final).

However if you need to change to a r180 diff (non dccd factory car) then i think its a bit more difficult in what you need for axles...

just R180 axles.. they all fit.. Interestingly the rear GD ones are a bit longer - (taken from another thread, sighted - Ej20T, Optical)

You can use the 5 speed starter as long as your use 5 speed flywheel and clutch combo which is fine this is what iv done.

also true.. you need to match your combo. use all 5mt stuff or 6mt. Note: 6MT requires the 6MT clutch fork as well.. they ARE different. The pin is the same.

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

As for price...Its ok i wouldnt be saying its a MEAN deal...I have heard of better deals than that for whole combos...In terms of getting your hands on a whole package for a good price it is difficult but they DO come up even if people say they dont you just got to spread teh word and keep your eyes out.

be careful with the v9/10 boxes.. they do use auto dccd. Also the v9 spec C and v10 STI use a factory helical front diff which is better than the suretrack ones, or open.. so your getting something for "free" there.

Otherwise i agree with Brads comments.

Auto DCCD can still be controlled by the GC8 controller manually as far as I am aware...I had a GDB dccd computer available but was told it wouldnt need to be used as the gc8 one would run it and GDB runs on wheel speed sensors etc..

What you on about funky i said if youve got a DCCD car factory with R180 then you CAN use your existing axles.... ???

You can however od what youve done and run a R160 with the right ratio and use those axles...

Basiclly in the case of OP he has a RA so all he needs is box, diff and driveshaft and all should be gravey....

sorry thats not how it read.. the longer axles in GD still applies.

its still no more difficult for axles.. you just use which ever axles match the diff.. so comment still stands b-rad. and then match the hubs.

like clutches.. you just make sure what ever you use... that the diff, axles and rear hubs combo are either all R160 or R180, and obviously use the 3.9 ratio.

Just an addition to package deals - Strong for Subaru are constantly importing written-off GDBs and tend to go for version 7 and 8. It can't hurt to give them a bell and see if they can give you a custom package of just the bits you need. As usual say you're with the Auckland crew. Drunken and I have spent a small fortune with them and Gerald will bend over backwards. This is where I got my 6MT years ago and he's now pretty familiar with the conversion.

Mine is complicated further by having Brembos wanting in on the mix so I'm STILL buying parts :-[

Speaking of Brembos, is your whole kit finished yet Funky??

shale - yer its all a go and installed.

Its actually not complicated at all once i sourced the correct rotors.

that being said its the r160 that makes it harder. to repeat the old. front brembos bolt up to wrx hubs no prob. in R160 they only bolt up to V7/8 WRX (not sti) R160 hubs - and require the oddball rotors. R180 is just same same in GD and GC for v7/8

funkytown said:

the front portoin of the drive shafts are the same, just need the back/shorter half. They all bolt together.

Wrong way round Jon. The rear part of the prop shaft is the same as normal (the rear diff and centre joint mount on the chassis have not been moved ;)) but the front part of the prop is shorter to allow for the longer 6 speed box.

Oh, and to the OP, you will need to get suitable front axles as the later model 6 speeds use male inner CVs rather than female like your car would currently have.

Or, you can get some stub axles and put them in the front diff to allow you to use your original front axles (someone else could probably tell you which model box would have the compatible stub axles).

Tony']

Wrong way round Jon. The rear part of the prop shaft is the same as normal (the rear diff and centre joint mount on the chassis have not been moved ;)) but the front part of the prop is shorter to allow for the longer 6 speed box.

oh yer haha!! nice spotting.

[quote name='Tony said:

Oh, and to the OP, you will need to get suitable front axles as the later model 6 speeds use male inner CVs rather than female like your car would currently have.

Or, you can get some stub axles and put them in the front diff to allow you to use your original front axles (someone else could probably tell you which model box would have the compatible stub axles).

the v9 onwards use the female stubs, ... subaru do a set of seals, circlips and axle stubs for about $100 and you can reuse your standard axles (what i did). v7/8 are still male iirc. The stubs are piss easy to put in.. i got mine ordered through Possumborne to save hassle but its a simple kit to source.

Tony']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

Yeah good point Tony..As funky said i think it was v9 onwards.

As mine was v8 and had the females on it.

Oh i dont know im confused myslef haha

What i meant to say is that version 8 still used the outer style sticky outie bits like the ealier 5 speeds...

But v9 much be the change over where it went to inner style innie outie bits haha ..

Forgot what they called and cant be arsed looking lol