Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BE/BH gauge clusters

ReubenH

A workmate of mine just bought a 2000 BE5B RSK. It's pre face lift obviously, but inside is another story, it's got the face lift cluster that's black when off, and does the little startup sequence.

AFIAK, these didn't come on B's. And it's come with some personality issues. The fuel gauge only periodically reads the actual level. And the tacho only works when cruising. If you floor it, it just goes mental and flies all over the place.

Anyone have any idea on what might be going on here, and how i can fix it? It otherwise works well, and looks sexy as.

Yea I had the tacho problem with the possumlink and bad earths, but not the fuel gauge issue. Could be similar grounding issue to what I had or it's had the dash swapped in and hasn't been done right.

actually i think it could of come on the early ones to reuben it may have been a option

The b4 i bought and sold was a 98 and it had the black dash also which i thought was weird as flatmate had a 99 and it had the gay dash..

It wouldnt of been changed on the one i had i dont think either cause the car was stock as a rock

I've had a mate who had a 1999 B4 tiptronic that was fully stock as well with the black dash so maybe they came out early on the tiptronic models whereas my 1999 manual is the dull grey one. So just a possibility that it may be stock.

I test drove a manual 1999 Legacy B4 RSK once that had the black dash cluster... it was the first time I'd seen it. The car also had the 4pot/2pot brakes and an STI exhaust so maybe the original purchaser had whacked it with the option stick ;)

EDIT - Forgot to say the one I drove was a manual.

Omegah said:

I want the flash black dash. mines horrible lol.

Or you could get Becca to do the carbon fibre thing to it... it looks really nice :)

ReubenH said:

OK, i see i see. I thought it was face lift only, but there seems more than enough out there on pre face lifts.

Say it is indeed stock, then what could be causing these issues?

Check your grounding, I know that's the reason why my revs would be all over the show.

Might pay to check the back of the cluster also in case the previous owner made a birds nest back there.

SpotMe']

[quote name='Omegah said:

/quote]

Or you could get Becca to do the carbon fibre thing to it... it looks really nice :)

True i could do that!

GravelBen']

[quote name='Jdm rsk said:

Gtb's don't have them from factory

/quote]

My Rev D GTB (E-tune) had it from the factory so some GTBs certainly do. I think it was an option no matter which shape of car.

Nah it wasn't an option, depends what GT-B/B4.

All E-Tune GT-B's, like Rev.D B4's come with the blackout dash standard.

I'm pretty sure it was something like 2000+ that it came fitted standard.

The 1999 models are the inconsistent ones.

Omegah said:

the sti dash replacement looks pretty cool.

I wonder if the old dash could have the LEDs changed from green to white. White would look nicer IMO.