Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The Off Road Adventure Thread

The Off Road Thread:

For the more adventurous of us out there who like to take our cars off the beaten track onto the roads less travelled, to share our experiences of using the symmetrical 4WD our cars were blessed with.

Format to follow;

Car (model/year):

Modifications (if any):

Where you went:

Conditions (describe the non tarmac road):

Pictures:

Car: 1997 Forester T/TB (ish)

Modifications: Manual converted, 6S ecu, Yellow injectors, Orange (sti) AFM, Zerosports intake,Turbosmart EBC, V7 STI suspension, wrx seats.

Where you went: Forestry roads outside of Whangamata/Opotere, Coromandel Peninsula.

Conditions: Gravel forestry road 80% mud/gravel 20%.track Very rutted and potholed. AWESOME fun with not much traction!

Pictures

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02156-1.jpg

DSC02151-1.jpg

97 STB ,

40mm lift, sti sway bars, alloy undertray, IEBC

I go all over, When I'm at the mt and it's a closed lift day, I've explored every track I can find near Ohakune. There's an old road that goes parallel to the rail way. Same in National park. Done about 12-15km of the 42nd Traverse from the Owhango end.

There's also the lucky fact that I've got keys to some forests around the place and I'm always doing MTB trail work. Done all of riverhead forestry roads and got into some hairy bits in Dome valley.

Mostly gravel/forest roads. Some are roads that exist on the map. mostly get out, sprint ahead and scope the land before I drive on. Some pretty rutty stuff where I've had a spotter to tell me where to put the wheels. Some are clay and are summer only tracks. Building up a nice collection of pinstripes on the forester and geting good at reversing up muddy inclines with the mirrors foldedback.

Also drive from Helensville to Muriwai everynow and then. Only pics I've got are from last winter.

_MG_6905.jpg

creek.jpg

surfing.jpg

There's one I've been meaning to shoot for a while, if it's nice tomorrow I'll treat you all

Car (model/year): 1998 GTB

Modifications (if any): NA

Where you went: Paradise and daimond lake, north of glenorchy

Conditions (describe the non tarmac road): Gravel at first, then to light mud, and frozen mud in shady areas. The frozen mud was buzzy, for some reason it just grades itself flat, and it feels just like tarmac. pop out from the shade, and it just turns to mud again. I don't know why they didn't bother even making it a gravel road... Maybe it's just a case of them not having layed any in a long time.

Pictures:

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00164.jpg