Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rally Wairarapa - 11/12 September

Munkvy

This is the only gravel rally in the Lower North Island, and runs over the Saturday and Sunday (11/12) of next month.

Its part of the New Zealand Rally Championship, so has all the top guys in the modern cars (including a large number of Subarus) as well as a big field of classic rally cars and the older club level cars like mine. In New Zealand rallies like this are basically the only way you will see the current model Subarus being raced, as there isn't really any other class that uses them in NZ.

Go to http://www.rallywairarapa.co.nz/spectators.php for maps of where the action is taking place and there is a list of stage start times to give you an idea on when/where to be to catch all the cars.

I will be seeded towards the back of the field (don't know where exactly), but look out for a white Legacy :)

Servicing is being done out in the back of nowhere on the first day (Alfredton), and in Eketahuna on the 2nd day. If you like driving back roads the Wairarapa has some great pieces of road on the way out to the stages too.

I marshalled for this a few years back. It was lots of fun driving the back roads to get to the stage starts. And it was even more fun driving the stage to get to our marshall point and then driving out after all the competitors had gone through. ;D

Anyway might be going to spectate this year. My cousin is competing. In an Evo X though so my loyalties will definately be divided. Supporting family vs supporting Subaru. ??? LOL http://www.teamdilusi.co.nz/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I almost hit Peters car, that was just after a blind crest which I took as a 7L and it was more like a 5-6L, so I got a bit sideways and almost slid into his car... Which Im guessing is what happened to him, too fast over the crest and lost it? Looks like no major damage however?

The pretty pic of me putting the fire out was from the service park after stage 3, the antilag had blown the exhaust manifold gasket apart and the flames from the antilag were coming out the up pipe and melting/cooking parts of the engine bay. We got it all fixed and returned to stage 5, only to blow the turbo. So I am out of the rally.

Good to hear you got a couple of good stages in, Gutted about the turbo and fire.., What is the plan for the car now? make everything fire proof?

I have seen some good photo's of your car up on facebook, I think Jeff had posted a couple of them up

I guess the anti-lag just kills turbo's, time to get a motherfucker of a turbo then?