Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HDi Boost Controller

Hey everyone,

ive got a HDi SBC TYPE-D SUBARU Electronic Boost Controller.

its been working fine on the internal wastegate but ive put an external on now and i am having trouble getting it to work with the external. its just free boosting.

ive taken the vacuum line off the internal wastegate and extended it to the side feed of the external wastegate and no go...

im a bit stuck for idea's as i cant see how pushing the external open is any different to pushing the internal wastegate open?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boostcut

actually, tryed the vac line in the top? or is the external bolted up correctly? as the way the valve opens depicts the way the line is connected

as far as im aware the wastegate is bolted up properly, ive done them before on preveous cars and they worked fine.

i have not tried the vacuum line on the top but that is for generic boost controllers isnt it? the HDi subaru boost controller uses the factory boost control system through the ecu

so am i, im using the smaller vacuum line (standard size) and its a bit of a stretch over the tial fittings but im sure enough air will b able to get in to open valve?

might sound stupd at frist but the MVS tials come with several ports to screw your boost fitting into in the side (for bottom of diaphram) and then come with several hex key bungs.. U installed the bungs in the ports not being used on the bottom section of the gate ae???? or yr boost will be goen str8 bak out again resulting in free boost or there abouts lol. thats my 5 cents if none of the above is wrong with yr gate (doubt cus its new) or yr boost controller hasnt magicly shat itself or split boost line to the gate/from pressure source.

yeah all the bungs have been used, there is 2 threaded fittings that i am unsure what they are for?

around the bottom it has one bung, one male fitting for the vacuum line and 2 more threaded fittings? unsure what these are for

they are most likely more ports for selection of where u wanted to locate your boost in line. U should have gotten mor then one bug with yr gate?? I havet got photographic memory but from the few MVS gates ive done ALLL the bottom ports bar ONE that yr hose fitting goes into lol. would say post up a pic or two but thats prol a mish?? but from the above u should be able to check and sort it. Or even just put a hose onto that bottom hose fitting and then blow into it and see if it leaks back out thoes threaded ports left down the bottom. 5 min job

yeah just had a look and u are right, i moved the fitting off the top (in a hurry to get it done) and put it on the side so it bleeding all of the air out.

will swap around 2moro and see how she goes when i weld up screamer pipe and stuff. it went very well on 28psi though..

2SLO50 said:

yeah just had a look and u are right, i moved the fitting off the top (in a hurry to get it done) and put it on the side so it bleeding all of the air out.

will swap around 2moro and see how she goes. it went very well on 28psi though..

Haha all gud man, always fun tryna fix shit without seeing it lol. Yea let me know lol and I bet 28 went well lol!! (poor motor :o

2SLO50 said:

needs a heavier lighter spring though, lowest boost i can set is 18psi. whats standard wastegate pressure for v4 sti?

So nothing is on the top of yr gate and it can breathe ae? tha box should say the spring pressure on the side? have a look then u know to blame the spring or look at other posible causes.