Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HDi Boost Controller

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same boost controller and a tial wastegate... i dont know alot but can ppost photos of how the wategate is set up if that will help... people have said it was done weird... but it was done by speedworks in palmy and seems to be working fine. so it may need to be done a lil diff. i dont know but tell me if you are keen for the photos

yeah man really keen for those pics of how its installed. i can only run 1 bar at the moment or free boost on lo boost haha. those pics would be awsome

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tial MVS V-Band wastegate

DSR td05 20g 8cm turbo

Braided oil lines

tomei type S fuel pressure regulator

Upgrade ITL top mount intercooler

m&h silicone intake

Innovate Motorsports LC1 wideband O2 Sensor

Bosch 044 fuel pump

STI lift pump

stainless surge tank

all braided lines and speedflow fittings

heatwrapped tuned stainless headers

heatwrapped stainless up pipe

heatwrapped (to flexi) full turbo back 3" stainless exhaust

heatwrapped stainless scremerpipe

Oil catch can

aircon compleatley removed

intercooler water sprayer

its this car http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,19782.msg278627.html#msg278627

hooked up wrong . . . that's how you would plumb the hoses for an internal waste gate . . that will be using poppet type controll . . . bet the screamer sounds like Shit ? poppet makes the solenoid shuttle . . which pulses the waste gate open shut open shut really quick . . i you need It on swing valve meaning It doesn't shuttle like that at all . . you should have a hose on the top port of the gate and the solenoid puts more air above the diaphram to raise boost. the way you have It can't get more boost because the air is opening the gate . . you have nothing holding the gate down . . if the controller can't switch between swing and poppet which i know the subaru only hdi controllers can't switch then you need a controller you can switch and plumb hoses differently .

i run hks evc 4 on tial external and have It on swing mode with a hose above and below the diaphram to controll boost. . . and that It does very well

alright im going to get a link and ditch the controller anyone want one that isnt running an external? but just to clear this up these type d hdi controllers cannot control boost on external wastegates if so should really be posted on there auction etc

v4sti1 said:

alright im going to get a link and ditch the controller anyone want one that isnt running an external? but just to clear this up these type d hdi controllers cannot control boost on external wastegates if so should really be posted on there auction etc

how much/

wat area u from?

v4sti1 said:

give me an offer they $250 on trademe. also if anyones interested in a lc1 wideband o2 sensor and gauge wont be needed with computer. im in tauranga

pm me price on the units - i know someone who wanted one - member here too

will pass it on and he can contact u if wants to discuss further ya

v4sti1']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Could be interested in the gauge... could you put up a photo? is it the black faced one? cheers

/quote]

its the complete kit wont sell gauge separate they $300 new

quote myself here should i keep this kit just done some research and from what i gather il still need it with link?