• Raised $0.00

Almost Stolen!

uwa8nc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IEEE1394 said:

I wrote a script to scrape carjam, here's all the blue Subaru station wagons with number plates starting with DER:

SUBARU LEGACY 2006 (in Blue) : Plate: DER125

SUBARU LEGACY 2005 (in Blue) : Plate: DER184

SUBARU LEGACY 1990 (in Blue) : Plate: DER223

SUBARU IMPREZA 1996 (in Blue) : Plate: DER287

SUBARU IMPREZA 2006 (in Blue) : Plate: DER456

SUBARU LEGACY 1996 (in Blue) : Plate: DER492

SUBARU IMPREZA 1996 (in Blue) : Plate: DER493

SUBARU IMPREZA 1997 (in Blue) : Plate: DER505

SUBARU IMPREZA 1998 (in Blue) : Plate: DER506

SUBARU IMPREZA 2006 (in Blue) : Plate: DER520

SUBARU IMPREZA 2006 (in Blue) : Plate: DER537

SUBARU IMPREZA 1996 (in Blue) : Plate: DER668

SUBARU IMPREZA 2000 (in Blue) : Plate: DER768

SUBARU LEGACY 1999 (in Blue) : Plate: DER849

SUBARU LEGACY 1996 (in Blue) : Plate: DER859

SUBARU LEGACY 1995 (in Blue) : Plate: DER896

Have at it you armchair detectives!

That's Genius buddy,how did you manage to do that?.Impressive :o

Drunkenmonkey said:

DUDE im in the same thoughts as you wantin to basically kill them but seriously its not worth it! just ring and say that it look like they had a gun and they will be there soooooo freaking quick, remember they are low life scum you hurt one 10 hurt you they dont no fair and they will get you..

ps bet you want an awesome alarm now :P

I know what your saying buddy,but trust me,these guy's aint going to get away with what their doing.like your saying 1:10,im saying 100:50 :).im not worried at all about these chumps.But i guess the better option would be is to ring the cops,and just keep my fingers crossed hoping they would do something about it :-[

ive installed many car alarm in the past, seriously an alarm only do just one thing. if people ignore the siren then its just hopeless.

siren can easily be broken with just a knock of a hammer or picked out with a screw driver. location of the siren is the way to go.

as for the main unit, it should be located where it is hard to get to. most installer just lazy and install it under the steering columns which just takes 1-3 sec to get to. ever seen gone in 60sec? 60sec just for amateurs

no matter what alarm you got if they want to take your car, they will get it

my mates' car got everything done on the alarm including text alert and gps, bla bla bla... it didnt stop them. GPS and cell phone jammers are easily sourced now, you can get them from ebay as cheap as $29

just call the cop and get them on camera and keep your insurance upto date

uwa8nc said:

That's Genius buddy,how did you manage to do that?.Impressive :o

Just a short Python script and about 1,000 requests to carjam :P

I've had my car dicked with so many times around that area, so I'll do whatever I can to help... even if it was somewhat pointless; meh, it was fun.

FWIW I've got a Mongoose and it seems to have scared them off every time, although the last time it happened I finally got to spot a car, but that was stolen and no of no use to track them down. Police found it dumped the next morning.

Ironically I've had no incidents since moving further out west... hmmmm.