Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

CEL 33

Ninja8)

hey everyone.. i've tried texting a mate but he prob wont text back till tomorrow and im quite keen ta jam it tanyt if possible..

Situation: Speedo stopped working a thursday nite (not really a big deal) along with a CEL (code 33-engine speed or watever) and im not really fussed either about the cel lol. BUT...randomly on the way home from work today. CEl was on (it goes on and off so yea) and as i stopped at the lights the car started to feel like it was struggling to idle??

my only enquiry is will the car die on me if it was to start struggling again? as i've gota drive from howick all the way to mt albert everyday and i dont really wanna die on the side of the road if u get my drift ;)

funkytown said:

i think another guy had that issue.. its the gb sensor for speedo that craps out and made his car an average bag of crap.

best to just sort the code id say.

yea i hada look at my gbox sensor and it looked MINT!! i thought it may have been the connection to my dash as i had to remove a bulb a while back and thought it may have came loose. but as u remove the dash the connection pops off anyway so i had to reconnect it..therefore that connections fine.

but since we're at the subject of "fixing"... how exactly will the Gbox sensor be fcked?? as mine straight up looks MINT!!! but im going to have a proper look again tomorrow

97 is probably electric. Check for a cable coming up from the box, past the turbo and clutch master cylinder, and into the firewall. If it's not there, it will be electric.

Or check the model code. GF8Axxx to GF8Dxxx have cable, GF8Exxx onwards have electric.

boostcut said:

sometimes, not often tho, the plastic drive gear falls to bits.

im guesin the plastic drive gear is near the gbox and not the cluster?? as i would not be keen ta replace the cable through the firewall and sh!t to the cluster..

*fingers crossing its what boostins refering 2*

boostin said:

If it is the cable, you replace the whole thing, not just the inner bit. Fun job.

AW MAN!!!!! now u fully just made my day :P k well ima do what u said tomorrow and hopefully my mate gets back to me by then.

now is there any other diagnosis i can do that may show me what any other cause could be??

GNEDEF said:

k so in the end ima have to replace the WHOLE cable no matter what?? meaning from the gbox all the way to the cluster?

If the cable has seized or broken, yes.

Alright time for an update...have just had a look under the car at the gbox connection. removed the orange sleeve to review a clip looking thing. removed that and pulled out the cable connection..and it looked fine! wasnt in bits ;D..however i was able to pull the cable out of its rubber housing (didnt pull it all the way tho lol). is that alright?? :-\ coz doesnt that show that its probably snapped in half somewhere or something? coz shouldnt that cable be tight and have not much movement??

so now i think its not the connection at the gbox..ima remove the dash again to inspect the cable properly and try take a pic of the cable...couldnt get a pic of under the car cameras being a b!tch >:(

uz reckon its ok to crc the cable b4 poping it back in?? i did it for the gbox one as most of the lub got removed when i rubbed me finger on it :P

pull the cord right out id assume.. its inner cable doesnt "clip in" as such to the cluster. you will be able to tell quickly if its got the right "end" at the cluster or if its snapped.

Your removal technique sounds right.

report back with results/pics of the inner cable and each end.