Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Who's this? Hopefully not a member !

The 37-year-old Lower Hutt man driving the Subaru, suffered minor injuries.

"Despite being 11.30 in the morning he was processed for being three times over the legal drink-drive limit and will appear in court in November," Ms Perks said.

3 times over the limit....

PUT THE ***t IN JAIL!!!!!!!

IMO there should be an instant 30 day jail term for drunk driving. and never able to hold a license again!!

I don't think we have many members matching the details give in the article, and I believe the member here in Wellington have way more sense than to jump into thier cars while drunk...

However if it was a member we will find out who

i agree with Madmike some serious chargers should he laid including jail time if apporite

Yeah this country has it's road laws completely ass about face. Why is it that we can happily go to the pub after work and down 3 or so beers and feel comfortable driving home yet you start scanning the road for cops as soon as you realise that your speed has crept up to 110kph on an empty stretch of state highway 1.

Koom said:

Yeah this country has it's road laws completely ass about face. Why is it that we can happily go to the pub after work and down 3 or so beers and feel comfortable driving home yet you start scanning the road for cops as soon as you realise that your speed has crept up to 110kph on an empty stretch of state highway 1.

Couldn't agree more

I think it comes back to a few things as well, If you drive any high performance car there is a high chance that if you leave your car at the pub after a few, It wont be there in the morning

I don't believe in the whole "taxis cost too much" I would rather get a a taxi to town or walk back, Or other way around than drive drunk and kill some one or have my car stolen

I agree that there are way way too may repeat offenders out there but it doesn't become our problem until one hits us

We need to bring in harsher penalties for drink drivers just like they did for boy racers

End of rant

Not condoning drunk drivers in anyway... but just thinking how much it must suck to live in the country if

you like going to the pub.

for sure. I don't understand why the penalties are so light. injuring someone while drunk

driving should be treated like GBH or something.

Yea its not fair

the law is really light on drink drivers

I had a friend who got rear ended in a no stopping part of christchurch but he stopped after the person hit him and my friend was the one who got the fine

Yet the fine he got is less than what most drink drivers get

How is this fair?