Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Possum Link

looking at getting a possum link for my v4 sti. it is a "4 plug" and does not run anti lag.

just a few questions for you guys.

what features do possum links have vrs say a link g4 plug in??

and will it actually fit my car?

and will it be possible to upgrade the ecu 2 run antilag etc?

any help would be appreciated as im new to the subi tuning world

yeah wont fit. possum links are good for around 230kw max. for one they dont have a proper IAT sensor so pusing decent amounts of boost can become dangerous. secondly their maps arent that gr8 so when trying to run any decent size injectors youl eng up with drivability issues and idleing issues. Other then that theyr gr8 for getting the most out of your setup to around 200-230wkw and loosing the AFM. As for anilag its a waste of time really as to make it run properly you need a decent air bypass system to be setup. u can use IACV but doesnt allow well for a proper antilag system.

As stated you get what you pay for

There is no comparision between the G4 and possum link as the G4 just totally dominates the possum link.

The new closed loop boost control in the G4 is freaking awesome. closed loop = ECU self ajusting once setup.

You will get better cold start, fuel econamy, driveability, power, extra features and functions as you can configure the outputs etc to a huge range of things (the result is dependant on the finial tune)

You get what you pay for with the ECU's, some people can't justify spending $3000+ on a G4 installed and tuned. but as far as I'm aware nobody looks back once they have done it.

I'm spoilt as we deal with Link G3's and G4s on a daily basis and we all run them in our own cars so we know the ins and outs of them.

The only thing i would question myself would be G3 or G4.. but G3's with adaptor links are pretty rare to find these days.

the discussion between Possum Link and G4 is about as common as WRX vs Legacy. Its one of those things where when you've only tried one and you side with that forever. both these ECU's are without a doubt both perfect for the ej20t. I can only speak for the possum link from experience that with a great tune( wow gary capper you did an awesome job) is really the key to an awesome ride. ;D I pretty much Have to say go for the possum link and spend more on getting it tuned.

ohk, thanks for that guys, so it really is worth the extra coin and going with a g4?

i recently stuffed the bearings on my vf24, so i have purchased the DSR td05 20g.

along with other modifications im startng to (well i think i am) push the limits of the standard ecu.

what would be required other than a link to get the 400+ whp that they are quoted on being able to produce?

i have the funds to do it, just want 2 spend the money in the right places.

most likely going to bring it to wellys to shred for a tune, went down with my mate and had a link put in his skyline and it changed the whole car completely. Highly recommended

2SLO50 said:

ohk, thanks for that guys, so it really is worth the extra coin and going with a g4?

what would be required other than a link to get the 400+ whp that they are quoted on being able to produce?

The Possumlink will not be very good once you start getting up around that sort of power level. I've got 740cc injectors and a 3 Bar MAP sensor on mine and it is adequate at best, a G4 would actually make the car driveable and not drain all the oil exports of Saudi Arabia every time you take it for a drive.

the car we tuned with the original DSR TD05 turbo wasn't setup how we like to see subys setup.

Apart from being a 2.5 as far as i'm aware it ran a power FC, V7/8 topmount intercooler(seriously held the car back as it was extremelly knock limited) Shred modified SR20DET injectors (750cc+) in V5 size rails

I can provide the contact details for the guy who fitted the turbo who knows more about the car then me as he built it.

We tried to get the owner to put a front mount on the car a number of times to no avail. He did always manage to complain about the stalling when coming to a stop due a vented blow off valve with an afm.. though you won't have to worrie with the link ECU about that.

So idealy you would want with your G4+air temp+boost soliniod

Front mount intercooler

750cc+ injectors with fuel pressure mods (theres a range of fuel pressure reg setup options

Walbro or similar fuel pump.

3" turbo back exhuast.

Also depending on what boost you want to run and the size of your stock map sensor you may need to upgrade to make use of the new closed loop boost control.

If you want to buy brand new injectors and change to top feed. I highly reccomend ID1000 injectors. I have a supplier I use supplies Injector Clinc ones for $180 an injector, We have used these on a fair few RB26s now with awesome idle and light load drivability

there may be some other mods you may need or want to do, thats just a rough guide.

oh and if you like launch control.. G4s do some pretty sweet launch control..

I'v gota get some videos of it outside of the workshop. Everytime I get the chance to video it its in the dyno room so the shock waves wind you while its happening.