Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

air fuel ratio gauge

air fuel ratio gauge.

my mate hasa cheap one he wants to sell to me,never been used.does it hook o to the 02 sensor?were both unsure as the box doesnt come with instruction:s

yes, in a word if its a cheap one it will hook up to the factory o2 sensor and tell you sweet fuck all about whats actually happening, I have been looking for a decent one too and everyone tells me to get an accurate one thats actually any use you gota spend some money and get something decent with its own sensor

yeh i think its one of the ones on trademe.im not guna bother if its not accurate then,he hasnt used it before so duno if it works.

it will probly tell me im running rich when its running lean as ;)

the autogauge ones look prtty mean thoe i must say

Guest S T  E Y E

to be honest air fuel ratio gauges that hook up to the narrow band factory o2 sensor are good for nothing at all...period...

if u wana keep a real eye on ur ACTUAL air fuel ratio then get a WIDE BAND o2 sensor and a/f ratio gauge...around 300$ for a cheap one i think but will defonatly tell u wats up as the factory narrow band wont

just so u know

narrow band = 0-1v scale

wide band = 0-5v scale

see why its so much more acurate?

CUDDAS said:

they are a pro-sport smoke type series wideband a/f.

i would rather spend $280 on the innovate one. i will be getting a couple of these later on in the year, but i have access & use the innovate LC-1 system.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Electronics/auction-343659347.htm

Yea im not a huge fan of the Innovate's, there ok. Iv been using a Zentronix for the last 2 years and love it, it uses the same bosch sensor as the innovate but imo has better features and data logging.

CUDDAS said:

they are a pro-sport smoke type series wideband a/f.

i would rather spend $280 on the innovate one. i will be getting a couple of these later on in the year, but i have access & use the innovate LC-1 system.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Electronics/auction-343659347.htm

so with these are you able to adjust the air fuel ratio?

Guest S T  E Y E

u can get ur air fuel checked on a dyno if they put the wideband gas analizer up the exhaust pipe...

one thing tho is exhaust leaks DO play hectic with air fuel ratio gauges

S T E Y E said:

just so u know

narrow band = 0-1v scale

wide band = 0-5v scale

see why its so much more acurate?

Just to add to this, the real difference isn't in the voltage output, but the way the different 02 sensors respond to changing air/fuel ratios. A narrowband changes suddenly from +1v to 0.1V as the exhaust gases go from rich to lean.

i.e.

NarrowbandOutputGraph.jpg

Where a wideband one has a nice linear response between rich and lean without any major sudden changes in voltage output so a half decent wideband guage will be able to show small changes in afr right through the range rather than just where it goes past stoich.