Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Happy New Year and Big Thanks

Bazza-NZ

2010 reflection

well 2010 has been a busy year for us here in Wellington. We held a Dyno day at shred which provided us with some interesting figures. Only 1 car made it over 200Kw during this day. A year on and a few more of our members car have exceed this. Diy session were held for those people that were interested in learning a bit more about how their cars worked and some day to day maintenance for them. The upper engine cleaner day provided some good results with some members cars running smoother and blowing a bit of smoke out the back

This year saw a few members in heart break with range of minor and serious failures. Its good to see that when they needed help you guys where there to help out. Viv blew things as usual but held some great results in his event. A few others blew engines at a track day but overall was a good year.

Wellington started some major project as well. Funky created a monster of a wagon with some impressive power results that showed on the recent play day in November. San started to convert his coupe with some goodies but no word of yet how that is coming along. Jason gave his coupe a bit of an upgrade and hit the Hampton Down track in Auckland. Myself started stripping out the old RS to hopeful to convert it into a motor sport car.

Now that everyone is returning from holiday its time to start everything back up again. First meet is this coming Thursday ---> check out the thread

Plans for Wellington in 2011

As Wellington has probably the largest number of modified cars in the club we will be looking at changing it up a little in regards to meets and events. What i have planned for Wellington in 2011 is to move us into a more motorsport and recreational focus. It has appeared over last year that Wellington as a group is getting more into this scene so we will try and continue that trend

Changes to regular meets will occur this year. I'm still gathering ideas and information to decided what suits the region the best. At this stage meets will be stated in the thread under the Wellington section. A vote will occur before any changes are made to meets so keep an eye out for that.

I'll also be starting up the DIY sessions again around the end of February so if you have an idea of what you'd like done in these then please flick me a pm or text. It will start out being just general maintenance at the start of this year and move onto modification type session later on

Also remember to keep supporting our sponsor. They dedicate a fair of their time to helping us out and go that extra mile with discounts. A special mention to shred motorsport this year for there support of our Wellington crew. We will be holding a Dyno day early this year so of you do attend then you can come down and meet the guys. GFB has also made a very good impression this year with some great feedback from the Wellington crew so check them out as well.

Bring on 2011 - Will see all you guys around

also would like to add many thx to ben and the welly crew for the past year for the help and events..you guys been awesome! ;D ;D gutted im not going to be around in 2011 with the welly crew as it sounds like many fun times ahead

+2

Fun times ahead.

I plan to start building a spare motor for the rex. Maybe fully forged. Do it once, do it right.

Fully agree with the sponsors, GFB are great! I have a twin trumpet bov and the pulley kit in my car. Quality Australian made product (not cheap chinese/taiwanese).

• 2 weeks later...

I may even have my car running this year, then get back into a few meets again.

I was doing it once, doing it right but thats sooo expensive, so now im doing it twice, doing it right. I'll be picking up a temporary engine hopefully this weekend, then get everything plumbed, welded, wired, tuned and running.

Then I'll finish the forged build at a later date, so I can do an engine swap over a weekend and run it in knowing all the niggly bits are sorted out and my tune is safe