Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Syms Twin Turbo Headers

Jord

Does anyone know much about these?

It seems car was fitted with a complete SYMS exhaust system in Japaland including the headers. Now from what researched and from looking at my car the manifold is designed to make the turbos run in parallel rather than sequential due to the lack of a ECV on the secondary up-pipe.

autostyle_muffler-img500x417-1288085181m

Now the obvious flaw with this is the ECU doesnt know whats going on anymore. Ive found on the SYMS website that it states the differential pressure sensor needs to be removed as its not doing anything anymore.

" EX s for our Regashitsuintabo Manihoruto specifications are ordered always turning the two turbo.

On the relationship genuine Manihoruto s installed in the EX, you must remove the couplers and the differential pressure sensor. (Not a safety issue)

Thus, the check engine light will be lit at all times. "

Seems a bit rangi by japanese standards to go cutting out sensors ???

they haev to remove those sensors, ther no longer used for anything lol

when i made my own setup for this, i had to remove all sorts, had a box of left over stuff, just like going single turbo really.

i ended up running a link, but i started off with a standard ecu, i just used resistors to make the ecu think it knew what was going on.

-smurff

I should also add my car no longer has a differential pressure sensor and the check engine light has been cut to avoid the constant CEL. As a result it appears my ECU has the car in limp mode as it wont boost above 10 psi >:(

i put a well, fix teh cel light.

if i new what resistor i used for mine i would tell you to put one of them were teh sensor used to be.

but im of not much help lol

-smurff

huh did not know you could do that... makes sense really. Bloody secondhand JDM tuning parts so hard to gather any info on them haha

So did you have your reaching 15psi (full 2ndry boost) with those headers?

there not interconnected

so other turbo should have wastegate

i did a LHS and RHS seperate manifold and up pipe, then both turbos with wategates. worked really well

-smurff

na, blew the motor before doing this lol

its not overly complecated, tad bit more than single turbo.

better resualt than single turbo :P ( wait for that to cause a stir lol )

-smurff

i ran doubles, so if it was a vf19 that had a wastegate, i ran two of them.

not sure what i used to run, changed turbos a few times.

or you could have a waste gate rear from a similer turbo and put that on it.

-smurff

Guest S T  E Y E

haha yea thought it would need a gate on both turbos or one would free boost...

which twin turbos did u use??? 2x the same ??

i have no doubts it would have a mean result...

there would be a few anger posts about this over a single turbo tho haha...

IMO would 2x td04s be pretty slick on a twin turbo with this sorta setup?

my plan was two td05's but teh fire wall was in teh way.

still have teh motor and stuff at home and teh td04's will go in a car one day lol

-smurff

the later BGs ran indentical turbos (minus the rotated comp housing) the BE/BH runs a larger secondary from the info ive gathered.

Ive read up a bit about twin TD04s...its been done before (Optical had a prova show car with parallel TD04s)

Really need a EJ25 though to keep spool down

S T E Y E']

if u were running seperate manifolds....did this drop the suby rumble all together??

didnt sound much like a subby afterwards.

[quote name='Jord said:

the later BGs ran indentical turbos (minus the rotated comp housing) the BE/BH runs a larger secondary from the info ive gathered.

Ive read up a bit about twin TD04s...its been done before (Optical had a prova show car with parallel TD04s)

Really need a EJ25 though to keep spool down

i heard many good things about opticals one, sounded like it was an amazing car.

when i got the link my plan was to use the antilag to help with spool, so the extractors and piping was all 4mm stainless steel, to try help that.

but bust a gear box before i got that far and kinda couldnt be assed with it any more, so dont know if it would have helped much.

-smurff

dont have teh car, still have the motor, box and everythign else hahaha

got feed up with having the car in teh drive so scrapped it

-smurff

Jord said:

Does anyone know much about these?

It seems car was fitted with a complete SYMS exhaust system in Japaland including the headers. Now from what researched and from looking at my car the manifold is designed to make the turbos run in parallel rather than sequential due to the lack of a ECV on the secondary up-pipe.

autostyle_muffler-img500x417-1288085181m

Now the obvious flaw with this is the ECU doesnt know whats going on anymore. Ive found on the SYMS website that it states the differential pressure sensor needs to be removed as its not doing anything anymore.

" EX s for our Regas***suintabo Manihoruto specifications are ordered always turning the two turbo.

On the relationship genuine Manihoruto s installed in the EX, you must remove the couplers and the differential pressure sensor. (Not a safety issue)

Thus, the check engine light will be lit at all times. "

Seems a bit rangi by japanese standards to go cutting out sensors ???

No need to remove Pressure Differential Sensor hose No 22 connects to No 5 on Solenoid Box or T off with No 2 or No 3.

Headers make it a parallel set up and split twin scroll. However the turbos are not totally equal (different size exhaust A/R or P and turbo type BB vs Sleeve)

If you have VF27 secondary turbo it has P18 and BB. The primary is VF25 (P12) or VF26 (P14) and are Sleeve bearing. All three turbos have the same size wheel sets.

Total separation of the exhaust gas to each turbo as no cross pipe (1 Litre each). Order of exhaust pulses primary/2nd/primary/2nd.

The VF27 would be difficult to over boost with 1 Litre and P18. Plus these turbos run high flow 8 blade exhaust wheels.

If you did want a wastegate for the VF27 the only one available that would fit is from a VF17.

These headers were really designed for the older turbo combinatios VF16/VF17, VF18/VF19, VF20/VF21 and PE1016F/PE1018F where the only difference between each in the set was the turbine A/R (P16/P18) "almost equal".

The real restriction with these headers is the secondary turbine flange will fit only P18. I would swap it for a primary flange and then you could use any of the primary turbine housing.

These are P11,P12,P14 and P16 with waste gates. So you could set up truly equal boost controlled turbos.

A 2.5L engine would be even better.