Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Syms Twin Turbo Headers

Jord

Currently using twin vf28's but it is still has a tiny bit of compressor surge in 6th gear. Making around 240kw at 1bar and 290 at 1.3bar. Spool up is pretty similar to a 2L + vf23

Previously had straight entry td04s, but they choked the top end quite badly. I cant remember the turbine housing size but even the turbine wheel is smaller than the vf2x/vf3x sized wheel anyway.

you can see here 1bar arrives at about 3900rpm. With more boost 1bar is about 3600rpm. Doesnt feel at all laggy and given the surge, i think something with a p20 would be a good match. Either two vf22 or 23s. That, or a gt3076 .82 or bigger anyway. But we're keeping this car with parallel turbos in keeping with it's original theme

spool.jpg

fastwrx_1964_117892911.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
 S T E Y E said:

that is mean got any more pics

+1 and a little more info about the setup?

Im interested in the parallele route now, just trying to figure out everything I will need.

telemekas']

[quote name='Jord said:

Does anyone know much about these?

/quote]

The VF27 would be difficult to over boost with 1 Litre and P18. Plus these turbos run high flow 8 blade exhaust wheels.

If you did want a wastegate for the VF27 the only one available that would fit is from a VF17.

These headers were really designed for the older turbo combinatios VF16/VF17, VF18/VF19, VF20/VF21 and PE1016F/PE1018F where the only difference between each in the set was the turbine A/R (P16/P18) "almost equal".

The real restriction with these headers is the secondary turbine flange will fit only P18. I would swap it for a primary flange and then you could use any of the primary turbine housing.

These are P11,P12,P14 and P16 with waste gates. So you could set up truly equal boost controlled turbos.

A 2.5L engine would be even better.

Isn't the VF14 a P16 turbine housing?

I have the same extractors and am planning to use VF13 & 14 turbine housings as they are supposedly both P16 and have the same size wastegates. Whereas the VF18 and up turbos have larger diameter holes under the flapper. Have 2x VF19 with 18 compressor covers and 2x 27's (still looking for 26 or 25 covers) which I want to try later.

Going to use a single turb ecu to run it all though.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The VF14 the first secondary turbo is unique with its P16 turbine compared to all the others with P18.However it is also the only turbo to use the 5700 turbine wheel compared to the 4600 used by all the other turbos (except the VF25/26/27 they use the 6200).The 5700 wheel has a larger tip height and approx 39mm exducer compared to the 4600 wheel with a smaller tip and approx 36mm exducer.

So even though it has P16 with its larger 'trim' wheel, acts like P18.