Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Sony Xplod Headunit Not Compatible With Ipod Nano 4G

Leese

Hey guys,

I just bought a new headunit on Saturday and Matt and Ross kindly installed it for me. However, after reading in the shop (and testing my iPod with the headunit in the store) that my iPod will work with the headunit - it does not...

The headunit is a Sony Xplod CDXGT55IP and my iPod is a Nano 4th Generation. Everyone else's iPods work with the bloody thing, but mine doesn't :( My boyf has a Nano 3rd Gen, and Ross tested his iPhone - they both worked fine.

The error I get when it tries to connect is: COMM ERROR

I've tried googling it, and it appears a few people are having this issue... No-one mentions any fixes though!!

So my question is - does anyone on here know how to resolve this?? ???

• Admin

back up your ipod and do a system restore on it... then load everything back onto it and try again... mine did this also...

it sometimes also dosnt work when its just been charged... just leave it pluged in and it will work in a minute or two...

• 5 weeks later...

ive had the same problem.only two head units on the market today run the latest ipods (fusion ipod one and the latest alpine ipod only head unit). this is because apples reverted back to using usb power i think, instead of firewire? (or vice versa, cant memba) rapid radio sell an adapter which will make it charge again, there bout 150. its called the scosche passPORT, its a charging adapter for the latest ipods and iphones, you can plug it inline with any ipod dock or plug into the base of your ipod and it will allow you to charge it. i use it on my "ipod ready" head unit and it works mint :)

ive just bought a pionner head unit, with ipod connection, and bluetooth, seems to work fine with my video ipod.

-smurff

• Admin
 johndoe1003 said:

only ipods with the prob are ipod nano 4th gen (latest), 2nd gen touches and iphones.

as i said in my 1st post. my ipod is a 2nd gen touch, i did a system restore on it and it works fine now

• 2 weeks later...
 johndoe1003 said:

only ipods with the prob are ipod nano 4th gen (latest), 2nd gen touches and iphones.

Jake_The_Muss's iphone works a charm with my headunit LOL. Crazy old Apple!!

Ah wells - I've sold my 4th gen Nano now and looking for a 3rd gen :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a sim (if not the same) HU, and i have a 2 Gen touch.

At first i was getting the COMMS error quite a bit, but it seemed to sort itself quite nicely. But from personal exp, connect it with the car OFF, otherwise you'll spend 5-10 minutes connecting and reconnecting to get it to work. its almost like they need a bit of a slapping to realise they're compatable

It won't charge either, as mentioned above, Apple switched the charging mech from firewire to USB with the 4gen nano and 2nd gen touch.

Leese']

[quote name='johndoe1003 said:

/quote]

Jake_The_Muss's iphone works a charm with my headunit LOL. Crazy old Apple!!

Ah wells - I've sold my 4th gen Nano now and looking for a 3rd gen :)

yeah, have been meaning for some time to pick up a 120gb classic exclusively for my car. Thanks for reminding me!