Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rear dif cv clips

WRXONP

Ok this is pretty common sense stuff really but just going to see what you guys think. So my car was missing the left rear clip that holds the axle into the dif . . Got 2 from possum bourne who said they would fit . . Soo go to fit them and nope no fit . . . . Just want to clarify some thing . . . The clip diameter of the steel should be small enough to fit under the bottom of the spline ? Ie the lowest point of the spline ? So it can go inside the splines in the dif and then the clip should be sprung so it pops out and holds the axle in ? Sorry not to good at explaining stuff but just trying to double check that im looking at this the right way . . . The 2 I got the clip is so thick it protrudes further than the highest part of the spline so its obvious why they dont fit . . . . . . .

Ok had a look at the pic and you say thats for an LSD ? My left rear axle looks just like that left one in the pic . .And im pretty sure mines a open wheel as it spins on the spider gears . Except your clip is not protruding outward like the 1 I got is . . ..

WRXONP said:

Ok had a look at the pic and you say thats for an LSD ?

really? i removed them from my mechanical r160 diff, took a photo, labelled the photo LSD then typed that it was LSD. so yes i said its LSD

My left rear axle looks just like that left one in the pic . .And im pretty sure mines a open wheel as it spins on the spider gears . Except your clip is not protruding outward like the 1 I got is . . ..

huh? the circlips are fairly loose and sit flush at the top of the groove and hang on the underside. it will compress to fit into the diff.

i don't understand what you mean. take a pic of what you've got.

open diff halfshafts probably look like this: (taken from a 1.6L NA 4wd impreza)

DSCF0225e2.jpg

Yeah all right ill take a pic of what I have after work . . . Maybe it is an LSD? But when a viscus "shears" it should lock ? If I have the rear of my car jacked up and turn one wheel the other one does want to in the same way but he I hold one I can make the spider gears spin with not much break away torque . . . . . And with my axle out of mesh it just spins the spider's ? A LSD should still drive shouldn't it ?

can someone PLEASE shed some light onto this situation...its something soo silly yet i have to take the train because of it...

im pretty keen to drive it over a cliff!!!

heres what i have...this is my LEFT REAR axle with a clip supplyed by DRFVDR... it seems to fit the axle better than the previous ones i had... but still can never get into the diff...

DSCF7606.jpg

so my hunch is this...how is it physically posible to get that axle to go into the splines when that clip is protruding out further than the actual splines (which are a tight fit into the other splines??)

someone please aid me to fix this and ill buy u a box !! or whatever you desire LOL im at wits ends with this stupid axle kerfuffle and just want the dang thing to clip into the diff!!!

sti8u said:

this wagon is converted ah?original wrx body ah?

what are u on about LOL?? wagons with standard gearbox run a different gearbox with different final drive...like i said mine has a sedan gearbox and final drive ratio...

It is a WRX body (like ive said everywhere) and it has mostly STI parts on it. STI engine.STI ecu.STI gearbox etc etc but this all has no relevance to the differential...

kamineko - on that pic where you have LSD axles...does that lefter have a clip at all?? or do these run that clip which is inside the diff???

because i just had a peak inside my diff with a torch and i think i found the problem :) well its more like :(

will go take a pic and show u...

lol nah just wondering.usualy the clips is inside the diff.you just push itin and it should clip in.are you sure ther isnt any damage from when it can out that night?like the splines inside the diff or even then clip inside could be on a angle stopinf it from going in

sti8u said:

lol nah just wondering.usualy the clips is inside the diff.you just push itin and it should clip in.are you sure ther isnt any damage from when it can out that night?like the splines inside the diff or even then clip inside could be on a angle stopinf it from going in

bro your pretty much on the money LOL...but it seems a bit worse than a crooked clip or something like that...will go take a pic now

i remeber when i fuked my gtx gearobx(was only a 15oo fwd one)i couldnt get the cv back in.found out the spline inside the gearbox was f***ed.only way i fixed it was got another gbox from pik a part

bro thats what has happened!!! the splines in which the axle goes into are smashed and cracked!!! i took some pics but u cant see the damage so ill go take some more...by shining my 1 million candle power torch in there i can see the damage LOL

need a diff please LOL

chi ch ch ch check it out !!!

DSCF7610.jpg

DSCF7609.jpg

so sorry guys about the confusion with the clips...some people were saying the clips were inside the diff...some were saying theyre suppose to be on the axle so i sort of jumped the gun and thought since the axles werent clipping into the diff that it must suppose to have the clip on the axle...but further investigation shows the diff is farked and the clip is obviously in the diff somewhere floating around in there LOL

Aye ? No ? ? They shut at 1pm . . We got there at 1.10.. And they were shutting up . . . They opened the doors to do some exchange for another customer and to drop off some wrecked cars but they told us they cant sell us the dif thats sitting there for us to pick up . Fuckin lazy I say