Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rear dif cv clips

WRXONP

Its stuffed though ? And all other wreckers seem to be shut so I have to get a dif next week . . Im pretty pissd at strongs as aren't they apparently clubsub sponsors ? But yet I get told to leave and some random guy gets served ? Bull shit

ok...so the headaches just dont stop...

got my diff out and pulled the differential out from the case...

its not cracked...they have grooves there (must be for oil flow)...

have it all apart and theres no trace of a clip what so ever...no broken peices of clip or anything...

hers the new head ache...

the right hand axle has a clip insisde the diff...its a loose fit and it CAN go into the groove far enough to allow the axle splines to run over it..

have just been fitting different sizes of clips into the left hand side and the groove is far shallower and cannot provide the clip to go in far enough to let the axle splines pass over... and the groove on the axle is not deep enough to allow this either...

can anyone help me out!!!

Even a clip grindd down to half the thickness is still too thick to allow the axle to pass the clip . . . Whats the picture im missing here or is this the wrong axle or what ? Does the clip for both axles live inside the dif ?

heres the truth of it mate.

The short axle stub - that takes a circlip on the axle itself - it sinks into the AXLE grove when you insert it

the longer axle stub like the pic you posted above - it has the clip INSIDE the diff. the axle doesnt have a deep enough grove for the clip to sink into to get in the diff.

Trust me when i did the conversion to 6mt the hassles i went through to work it out.

note i havent read all the stuff above - just skimmed very briefly.

All right that makes sense . . But I did post the short axle (passenger side) before ? I have no issue with the driver side axle which is the longer of the 2 with the double spline. The driver side has a clip inside the dif which has a deep enough groove to allow the axle to pass . . . The passenger side groove in the diff is not deep enough like you said before . . But my axle groove is the same and not deep enough ? ? Is this the wrong axle ?

i cant for the life of me remember what my viscous axles looked like. I went from v3 standard viscous diff to a v2 sti RA plated diff. Ill have a look through my photos and let you know what i find.

Just off out to dinner with the mrs so you'l have to wait.

Lol all right man sweet as . . Thanks for taking some time to try sort my dilemma . . I think that some one has fitted maybe a bg legacy axle to the left side or a non turbo one or something ? If some one could please confirm that a r160 viscus LSD definitely runs the clip on the passenger side axle you would be the man !

ok so just to let people know what im wanting to know is...

this is my passenger side rear axle

DSCF7606.jpg

as you can see the groove is far far not deep enough to allow the clip to slide under the splines...

same story with my diff...inside the differential splines the groove for the clip is not deep enough...

however the groove on the drivers side is deep enough and has a clip inside the diffs splines and this works properly...

so i want to know why is one side have a deep enough groove and not the other? (inside my diff)

and am i defiantly suppose to have an axle in which the groove is deep enough to allow the clip to fit?

alot of people are saying different things to me its hard to know a definite answer

I would say that the groove that u see there is the groove that a diff mounted cir clip will fit into,as it is not deep enough to allow a axle mounted cir clip to work as u have found out, now u mentioned that this car has gone thru a few left hand axles, do you know what model the rear diff is from, I am thinking that the rear diff is for a axle mounted cir clip and the axle has been replaced with one for a diff mounted cir clip, and so neither your diff nor your axle has the ability to use a cir clip....

I think u need to find out which circlip your diff is supposed to have then go from there

Exactly my thoughts lol im just not that good at explaining lol . . So I basically need a different dif or different axle . . My dif is an VISCUS LSD but I dont know what its from . . . . Does anyone know if repco sell inner stub axles ? If they do I can just change the inner stub to a cir clip style one

But why find out what its suppose to have ? Its factory fitted with a different final drive ratio any way ? I think I have it sorted . . Well if I get a stub that holds the cir clip on it then its obviously going to clip into the dif aye ?