Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to increase boost on a BH5 GT (rev-d)?

Blake7

Hi all. I was wondering what would be the best method of increasing boost on a BH5 GT?

I have read there are a few ways to do this i.e. ecu, tap and something about redirecting hoses?

What would be the max safe boost for a non-moded vehicle?

Also can someone confirm if a V7 wrx tmic bolts on?

Thanks in advance

Why do u need more boost

safe boost for a non modded vehicle is what the factory set it at

before adding boost you should a/ increase the flow of the exhaust b/clean up the intake and c/ run a boost gauge

dude do a search here for the hose relocation thread - im sure i saw it here somewhere

at least it can contribute towards the research before making any changes..

i never asked - but how much of a difference is between the gtb and the v7

get a ebc(electronic boost controller)

easyest way to do it.from my experince i wouldnt waste my time with a tap again.they work,but they also give problems aswell.spike issues,not holding boost to redline.

ebc is alot better.you wont get spike issues,it runs its own boost soleniod.you just set the boos tyou like and your away.itl hold the boost to redline aswell.some of them also come with setting to open your gwastegate quicker or hold it closed longer.there a good setup.

i would suggest getting a boost gauge first,then you can see what boost your runing.mayb up it 2-3psi and see how it goes,

if you wana get more boost i would suggest a ecu remap,exhaust from turbo,mayb a intake system of some sort.and install a walbro intank pump to keep the fuel flowing ;)

Thanks sti8u... will keep my eye out for an ebc/gauge.

Paps - Not even remotely close in performance mate. I must admit its nice being able to hold a conversation inside the cabin and the extra space of the wagon though.. am I getting old? :D

But still wanting to squeeze a few more hp out of this and tighten up the handling.. its like a boat in comparison so just not used to it... but the mrs is happy...

DRFVDR said:

Why do u need more boost

safe boost for a non modded vehicle is what the factory set it at

before adding boost you should a/ increase the flow of the exhaust b/clean up the intake and c/ run a boost gauge

Agreed

I have done the following on my BH5

Exhaust

EBC

Intake

If you want to do anything to this model (and the later models for that matter) you need to do all 3 at the same time...

At the end of the day you will only get an approx. extra 0.4Psi of boost more than factory due to

1) factory twin turbo intricacies (primary max Psi 10.4 before it dumps all boost, seconday 15.6Psi max - Boost cut

2)Factory boost cut level is very fast and abrupt - i.e. the ecu is more inclined to cut in than in previous models

The other path you could follow is to take it to ECUtek for a ECU reflash as revision D models have "reflashable"

ECU...

Either way you'll need $1500 to $2000 to do it to a basic standard (more if you want the Profec eo1...)

will both downpipws be able to bolt onto the turbo

if the mid and ends dont line up we could do a cut and weld i suppose but mainly concerned on the DP section

and any O2 sensor in the DP is in same loccation?

lol never really looked at a BH DP tbh hahaha