Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Oil Temp Sender

Guys, I've heard that you can mount the oil temp sender for your gauge to a point underneath the top mount intercooler? Is this correct? Also could you recommend any other ways of hooking up the sender if this wont work...

• General Member

yea no sorry :/ Dannevirke.. (dod not win 17million on lotto)

oh and plus I only just had a service - shoulda stuck a magnetic plug in while i was at it - want to put the temp sender into race car...

Yeah I've got a few I'm putting in but I think I should be fine with water temp and boost, only the oil i'm confused about... Though if anyone knows where I can find (or has) a panel to fit in a single din slot (top part in the centre of the 97 forester) that will hold 3 gauges I'm in the market for one of those too...

The temp sender goes into the hole left by the factory sender under the alternator its a bit tight but mine fit just have the terminals as far from the alternator pivot end as you can then carefully put the alternator back in. I have to undo all the bolts, get it into place then slide the long bolt back in as it wont just pivot into place, there is heaps of clearance once the belts are all tight again so sweet az

!!!! warning !!!!!

DO NOT use the plastic hose to remote mount the pressure sender as shown in the instructions. When the hose pulls out of the block you will completely empty your engine of oil through the hole in the block straight up into your hood at close to 100 psi. This will take approximately 2.7 seconds and grenade your engine almost as fast

I was lucky

I realized what was happening quickly and pulled off the road and shut off the car. by the time I had opened the car door and stepped out I was standing in the all ready formed puddle of hot oil. I turned around and saw the trail of oil leading up the road .....O M G what a mess.to top it off the car stunk of burning oil for months as it slowly burned off everything I couldn't get to with the water blaster.

Lesson learned and now passed on.... I feel better now

Thanks!

I don't have a pressure gauge as yet but will definitely not be mounting it that way! When i get a pressure gauge i may well get a sandwich plate adapter and put both in that near the filter...