Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

My house got burgled!

Simon C

Looks like an amateur opportunistic thief just took what he could carry, left behind all my computer gear, big camera, etc. But he did steal off with an old Sony double DIN head unit (which I hated and isn't worth jack) and my Rockford Fosgate Punch 3001 amplifier (the ones with the nice shiny stainless steel covers). So if anyone around Wellington or Hutt gets offered my amp, PM me. Lots of beer for info leading to the thief!

That sucks... My house got ripped a couple of weeks back, only they took all my good shit and left all the crap I wouldn't of minded if it got stolen...

The feeling someones been through your shit is the worst.

Well, thankfully my STi was at the workshop over Easter having its exhaust modded. Because the garage door was broken into as well, can't help but think they might have been after the car, and resorted to looting the house when they found the garage empty....

YES. Home is a dangerous place for a Subaru :( That's where mine walked from.

That's very bad news that someone hit your garage. Totally looking for a (or THE) car. Might be a good time to bump security...can you afford to buy/lease one of those awesome GPS tracking systems?

As Hopai said...the feeling that someone's been through your stuff is the worst. Especially when they help themselves :'(

The car's registered to my house in Auckland, so they can't track the plates to where I'm living in the Hutt. Probably one of the scum who randomly walk past and notice my car going in and out of the driveway from time to time :/

Probably yeah. Bit like some of the sneaky-looking fullas that go through the inorganic crap and spend time leering at what's on the driveway eh. Most are fine, but...wow, some of them seem TOO interested. :-\

Good thing you've got the registered and home addresses for the car different though. VERY wise move.

i love our monitored alarm.

Only had it go off once but that was the cats were fighting inside i really want to get Wilife system so i can watch the house and car if i leave it at home while i'm at work.

thats not too difficult.

You can buy wifi web cams and install them in random places. Anywhere around your house you get wifi coverage they will work.

Enable port forwarding and bingo! you can log in anywhere from the web and see whats going on. Im picking it wouldnt be hard to setup recording in real time to your hard disc when a certain door etc is opened.

Guest keltik

A guy i used to work with grabbed a couple wi-fi cams for his house while he was away doing cop college. Just to check his tenants werent destroying the place