Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

207.4 kw @ the wheels in V7STI ?? Quarter mile estimates ??

Hey all, Yea I've heard all kinds of good and bad things about Torque.. But after dealing direct with David at Torque and going over the Build in full detail I think he will produce a good engine. 50K is not all engine. Here is a brief lay out of the build ideas.

Not only going for good kw atw but massive torque curve and reliability.

Keen to hear your feed back and input.

Turbo Kit AMS900X ( May go with Custom Garret set up for ease of future High rpm horse power mods.)

Stainless headers / heat wrap

BCS valve

Injectors

Fuel reg

Braided Inj fuel hoses

Fuel rails

Bosch pump

Surge Tank

Surge tank fittings

Wiring parts

Pre filter

Catch can

Link G4 + IAT

ENGINE 2.5L SHORTBLOCK

Argo Road, JE Piston, New block

Head gasket

Deshroud Heads

ARP Stud kit

Kelford cams and springs

Reshim Heads

engine gaskets set oem

oils sparkplugs coolant

Hyperflow sump

Clutch assy 3800lbs kevlar disc

OEM new,Cambelt,tensioner water pump,

That's pretty much the gist of it thus far... Plus a few Interior mods, gauges, seats etc...

Cheers,

Troy.

D-Style said:

How much work you getting done to the head? (eg: porting/port matching, bronze valve guilds/seats, etc)

Ever ask about going dry sump?

I'm not really too sure, I don't really no enough about engines or engine builds, have just asked David for 300+ at the wheels that wont blow up on me.

What ever info you can give me on what things I should be having done, or what things are done to make the build bullet proof would be much appreciated.

sultan said:

sounds like a great build, but i tally about 15k worth of work. for that price are they even doing anything to strengthen the block?

What sort of things would he do to strengthen the block? I'm very new to this engine building game yeah.

The parts going into this build alone are worth well over 15k.

yeah you can do what you're wanting for under 15k including labour....

the 2.5 blocks aren't very strong compared to earlier blocks. 300kw is ok, but i've seen one that was at 320kw that blew a big hole out the side of the bore. that was a track car though, so for street use that sort of level would be alright. if you're wanting more power, or will be tracking the car a lot, you will want to have the bores sleeved at a minimum, deck supports, etc.

sultan said:

yeah you can do what you're wanting for under 15k including labour....

the 2.5 blocks aren't very strong compared to earlier blocks. 300kw is ok, but i've seen one that was at 320kw that blew a big hole out the side of the bore. that was a track car though, so for street use that sort of level would be alright. if you're wanting more power, or will be tracking the car a lot, you will want to have the bores sleeved at a minimum, deck supports, etc.

Really? Considering the AMS 900x Turbo is near the 6k mark landed in NZ form the states not including the installation, I think you may find that this particular Build couldn't be done for under 15k.

Yes, at this stage the we're hoping for around 300kw+ but with a massive Torque curve underlining it, Sleeving the block etc will come later if I feel I need more power, But I think I'll be happy with that for now, have some fun at the track, learn a thing or two and go from there.

Cheers.

is that what torque told you? it's 1500 on ams's website (1900nzd) thats a shit load of shipping.... but there are identical options that can be sourced locally for around that same price any way.

and yeah if you're tracking 300kw on a 2.5, you definately want to sleeve it from what i've seen and been told.

to be honest i hate to see some one wasting their money, but more power to ya if that's what you want to do

sultan said:

is that what torque told you? it's 1500 on ams's website (1900nzd) thats a s*** load of shipping.... but there are identical options that can be sourced locally for around that same price any way.

and yeah if you're tracking 300kw on a 2.5, you definately want to sleeve it from what i've seen and been told.

to be honest i hate to see some one wasting their money, but more power to ya if that's what you want to do

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/ams-02-07-subaru-sti-wrx-rotated-mount-900x-v-band-turbo-kit.html

high 12's

207KW@w

see thread - with video proof of v7 doing 12.7 with 186Kw@w

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,21751.0.html

anyway the sti is only slightly hevier but more power than the video so hight 12's it is

launch control will hellp a LOT bro..

and ur AFR is SOOO bloody good - i told u that already ay hahah

John is pretty quick driver - have personally been scared in his car..

flat shift all the way and def hi 12's man..

u going on the 29th?

Thanks for the comments pappu, might have to get you to drop my launch control for me, we should take the crew down to meremere for some support etc. Maybe others are keen to have a go 2. Like I said before its such a buzz legally thrashing the shit out of your car and really gets your heart pumping.

i did a 13.1 at meremere when my car was factory the gearbox only last two weeks before it needed a rebuild, i only remember it so well is because i was racing a 10.8second turbo honda that just ate me up.

so i'm guessing with a good launch you should be in the 12's

QRAF said:

i did a 13.1 at meremere when my car was factory the gearbox only last two weeks before it needed a rebuild, i only remember it so well is because i was racing a 10.8second turbo honda that just ate me up.

so i'm guessing with a good launch you should be in the 12's

thats not bad for stock wagon bro!!

when i did low 13 in my old v2 wrx - my reverse gear stopped working the same day lol..

but yea with a 6 speed there is no such issue at all...

yeah i was mighty impressed with myself ;D i was running 13's all day its was at a honda track day back when driftrex had the prelude and i'd just bought my wrx.

was a mean day got to just go for as many runs as you wanted next time i'll be putting some ice on the TMIC

QRAF said:

yeah i was mighty impressed with myself ;D i was running 13's all day its was at a honda track day back when driftrex had the prelude and i'd just bought my wrx.

was a mean day got to just go for as many runs as you wanted next time i'll be putting some ice on the TMIC

water spray setup bro

its cheap and very very effective

To answer the original question - not me but

WRX (not sti) MY01 with the following mods:

Factory block

Vf23,Ecutek 3,Makes 210.8kw

times as follows:

Temp 14.7c

60' 1.699

300' 4.969

660' 7.706

mph 91.37

1000' 10.100

ET 12.106

MPH 114.16

Qwerty said:

To answer the original question - not me but

WRX (not sti) MY01 with the following mods:

Factory block

Vf23,Ecutek 3,Makes 210.8kw

times as follows:

Temp 14.7c

60' 1.699

300' 4.969

660' 7.706

mph 91.37

1000' 10.100

ET 12.106

MPH 114.16

wow .. that is goooood!!1

v7 are not light hahaha

and 12.1 is bloody good

mods - Vf23,Ecutek 3,Makes 210.8kw - wud u know if it had exhust and internal gate - stock boost controll?