Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Legacy to WRX front end

So ive been thinking about doing a wrx front end conversion onto the legacy, it already looks stanch but wanting the mean headlights, pumped guards, mean kit and mazzive scoop. I thought about it for awhile and thout about changing the bonnet to a NA bonnet and making it sleeper as but then some pumped fiberglass guards came on trademe and they are easy to make custom then all i haveto worry about is the bonnet, has anyone done thos before or tryed??

Yeah already got the fmic and front mount not super obvious so would be quite mean to be having s much power tucked away haha,

Na i havent got but seen one before and have had my body fabricator have a look at it and seemed easy enough just the bonnet he was worried about

JoKer said:

reasonably major body work - not just as easy as bolting it on...

have seen WRX front bumper on BC before...

With the flared fiberglass guards its just lower door modification and fiberglass is soo easy, so couldnt be two hard, and front bumper fits the guards with minor mods. Bonnets the issue... Hmmmm

get two bonnets, cut them to fit the car, then bog the shit out of them, smooth it all over, then take a fibre glass mould of it, then make your new bonnet, that way if you ever damage it, you have the moulds to repair it.

is yours a BD? seen a BD5 with a version 3 sti front bumper on tm a while ago. didnt like it personally. the rest of the BD5 body didnt really compliment it aye. but each to their own

VADZTER said:

is yours a BD? seen a BD5 with a version 3 sti front bumper on tm a while ago. didnt like it personally. the rest of the BD5 body didnt really compliment it aye. but each to their own

Nope! BG5! In it for the wagons LOL Yeah you have to get the guards done and have the factory sideskirts to compliment

rskikn said:

would just doing a front cut be easier??? that way its got all the holes in all the right places?? bolt holes, head light holes etc..

Thats a hard one because it would become less stuctually sound in my opinion meaning that pushing that much power out wouldnt be great. But I will get around to doing the front conversion it just takes time, I've got it booked in to the dyno place at the moment and then the fabricators weilding up roof rack holes, sorting some engine things and doing some pannel work then i'll be able to look at picking up a set of guards and going from there

kwi_fozze']

yeah, front cut would be interesting... im actually keen to see it. i know in the states of people doing 03sti front swaps onto foresters...

oh mean,any photos??

[quote name='LAZLO said:

do a forester front,wider guards lol

/quote]

How much will that cost? haha

just depends on parts and who does it for you

LAZLO']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

yeah, front cut would be interesting... im actually keen to see it. i know in the states of people doing 03sti front swaps onto foresters...

/quote]

oh mean,any photos??

nah, mostly photoshop jobbies, i havnt yet seen a completed one, but im aware of a couple of builds in progress.

laz, check out www.subaruforester.org for some fozzy goodness... particularly the members rides and colour coded. lots of inspiration there.