Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

TD06 on trade me

gotasuby said:

Buy my genuine TD06 ;D, when they cant spell serial correct on turbo i would worry. TD06 goes very well btw, if you dont mind waiting a little for the lag.

This is what I was thinking as well.

would prefer not to have the lag of the TD06, would love to hold out for something like a VF34.

NO BOS!']

[quote name='gotasuby said:

Buy my genuine TD06 ;D, when they cant spell serial correct on turbo i would worry. TD06 goes very well btw, if you dont mind waiting a little for the lag.

/quote]

This is what I was thinking as well.

would prefer not to have the lag of the TD06, would love to hold out for something like a VF34.

On my car i get 24psi around 4200, but it pulls all the way until limiter. lag is quite fun tbh. and saves gas around town. i still get 24psi in first gear but around 5000 rpm

gotasuby said:

On my car i get 24psi around 4200, but it pulls all the way until limiter. lag is quite fun tbh. and saves gas around town. i still get 24psi in first gear but around 5000 rpm

Yep, I'm sure that it pulls real hard ;)

Just curious... how much would u sell for, or was that just a jk!

lol thats quite along time to wait.4000rpm,you can here my 23 start spooling up at like 2300rpm with the factory top mount.nolag.but it slowly dies down towards limiter,i asume the pull of the td06 would be nice thoe!

lag saves gas??? but you have to use more throttle when off boost so you would use more gas...

have had cars with big turbos and with lag ive found that they use more gas off boost as you need to open throttle more

sti8u said:

lol thats quite along time to wait.4000rpm,you can here my 23 start spooling up at like 2300rpm with the factory top mount.nolag.but it slowly dies down towards limiter,i asume the pull of the td06 would be nice thoe!

mine starts spooling around then too but i see 20 psi at around 3800 to 4000 so the td06 actually spools really well it would seem...

with td06 can you get full boost in 1st gear?

sti8u said:

Hows the 23, was it a real nice upgrade?

NO BOS!']

[quote name='sti8u said:

/quote]

Hows the 23, was it a real nice upgrade?

stock on alexs car

WRXONP said:

mine starts spooling around then too but i see 20 psi at around 3800 to 4000 so the td06 actually spools really well it would seem...

with td06 can you get full boost in 1st gear?

What type of turbo do you have?

yes it is for sale, im selling it for $1500 with twisted up and down pipe and 38mm wastegate. I can get a rear housing to make it bolt on if buyer wished and will do turbo ready to bolt on for $1200 with new housing. It reaches 18psi at 4000 psi so not as laggy as most people think. i have no problem getting full boost in first but had to run closed loop boost on g4 to get it to. yes it saves me gas as below 0psi i run a AFR of 15.5:1 and get 9l per 100km. my td06 has 5psi at 3000 rpm and 13psi feels like 17psi on a smaller VF series turbo

23 is a good turbo for street.

if you have a close ratio gearbox or short shift kit,the spool time and gear ratio works out quite well.

as for power.i dont really know.havnt had it past 15psi.but definltly a good turbo.

gotasuby said:

yes it is for sale, im selling it for $1500 with twisted up and down pipe and 38mm wastegate. I can get a rear housing to make it bolt on if buyer wished and will do turbo ready to bolt on for $1200 with new housing. It reaches 18psi at 4000 psi so not as laggy as most people think. i have no problem getting full boost in first but had to run closed loop boost on g4 to get it to. yes it saves me gas as below 0psi i run a AFR of 15.5:1 and get 9l per 100km. my td06 has 5psi at 3000 rpm and 13psi feels like 17psi on a smaller VF series turbo

yeah you build boost later on .. ie the vf will start spooling allot earlier... but when yours starts spooling it seems to spool and go nuts !!!

ie when you have 5psi the vf will have more... but peak PSI is around the same