Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

TD06 on trade me

get gotasubys set up mate . ten times better then that Chinese one your looking at :)

i believe the biggest wheel on a tdo5 is the 18g unless its modified or aftermarket . if im wrong my bad but have also been told any more then a 18g on a td05 is a waste of time.

the guy above told me this haha

So what u saying is that a td06 is a better match for the 20g than a td05??

Or have I mis understood it?

Funny enough that I was having this conversation with Someone and they reasoned that running a Chinese td05/6 at lowish boost say 19psi or so Wud still flow more than a vf22 at 22psi and being low boost Wud mean u won't run into issues with ths chinas unit

Anyway I thought that made sense .... What do u folks think

First off please note that none of these chinese knock offs come with a comp map so your guess is as good as mine to what they do,

the best ive gotten from the 7cm sub housing was 390kw wheel that was in a yellew coupe that pulled a 10.7? something like that and on average with my tdo6 front and standard sub 7cm housing and shaft around 300kw wheel possums do this all the time with what i supply and for the doughting thomas's i can post dyno graphs to make them feel all warm and fuzzy as for the power/flow restriction meantioned for the td05 shaft and 7cm housing all i can is " setup is everything"

You actually need to know how the rest of the system needs to be to get the end result.

And im getting sort of tied going over the same argument timne and time again, im not big headed but these cars ive meantioned have featured in mags and time slips/dyno plots to back them up.

Go put a t51r on your toy and see how slow it is without all the bits to make it work, or stick with what your wallet will let you do but dont point finger to others that do better just casue you say it cant be done maybe your not seeing the whole picture, A?

As for what flows what dont presume because its a knock off itll flow anything like the oem, dyno graghs show what power the car makes not necessarily what the turbo capabile of theres many things that contribute to the outcome.

A true test of the turbo is test bench to which generates the comp map and non of the chinese suppliers do that, ask holset what happens when they tested a knockoff there wasnt much left of their test bench, now imagine that hanging off your motor !!

pappu said:

So what u saying is that a td06 is a better match for the 20g than a td05??

Or have I mis understood it?

Funny enough that I was having this conversation with Someone and they reasoned that running a Chinese td05/6 at lowish boost say 19psi or so Wud still flow more than a vf22 at 22psi and being low boost Wud mean u won't run into issues with ths chinas unit

Anyway I thought that made sense .... What do u folks think

im just going from what im told from tuners using 20g turbos with td05, 7cm. and getting 40+psi EGBP. same setup as mine but mine makes more power only difference is turbo.

I wont touch chinese turbos :D

gota suby you shuld some how record a lil video for us all so we can see/here what the td06 spools up like.nothing better than a td06 on 24 i bet ;)

Didn't bother reading all the dribble on this sorry but i run the same turbo and recommend it.

Ive run mine for over a year now @20psi daily driving and its still as good condition

Seems that turbo comes with a 12month warranty so who cares about its origins at that price

At least you can rebuild it if it packs out and the comp wheels arn't fragile like the 22 or 23 ..

Anyway i don't even no why people compare the 2,Well i do really.. its because they haven't been exposed to the truth yet.. anything factory Subaru is simply not in the same league as the 20g.

Hope that helps.(speaks from experience) ;)

you cant compare anything stock sub with aftermarket that has higher flow rates, theres no logic in that whats so ever.

And there is also many that have run the turbo and its failed anyone want a box full of scrap that owners bring in to have analyised as do insurance companies that i do reports for , down side the turbos the least of the issues the engine damage caused by its failer is alot more than a 500 trademe speacial.

Your money do as you please, expencive car cheap turbo makes perfect sence.

BF5GT90 said:

yeah no wastegate, not like we would run them on our car like that. i wonder how much boost that was making before it blew up too.

this is a good turbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMayMAoUbU&feature=related

they do control boost with flapper valves using stepper motors on intake/outlet on the cold side bench is driven by propane or lpg using a large blower.

hijacka said:

Didn't bother reading all the dribble on this sorry but i run the same turbo and recommend it.

Ive run mine for over a year now @20psi daily driving and its still as good condition

Seems that turbo comes with a 12month warranty so who cares about its origins at that price

At least you can rebuild it if it packs out and the comp wheels arn't fragile like the 22 or 23 ..

Anyway i don't even no why people compare the 2,Well i do really.. its because they haven't been exposed to the truth yet.. anything factory Subaru is simply not in the same league as the 20g.

Hope that helps.(speaks from experience) ;)

maybe you should read the dribble, are you recomending a genuine td06 or a chinese copy?