Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

masterpower turbos

My brother had a masterpower t3t4 turbo on his dc2 honda integra b18c. When he brought it the previous owner had a cheap rubbish t3t4 hybrid on it which lunched itself..

After getting ther engine rebuilt he got the masterpower turbo.. There was a significant increase in response and power.. On the run in tune it got a healthy 197kw atw on 7psi... IMO i think they are a great turbo and trustworthy.. Just as much as garrett..

ADIKT said:

My brother had a masterpower t3t4 turbo on his dc2 honda integra b18c. When he brought it the previous owner had a cheap rubbish t3t4 hybrid on it which lunched itself..

After getting ther engine rebuilt he got the masterpower turbo.. There was a significant increase in response and power.. On the run in tune it got a healthy 197kw atw on 7psi... IMO i think they are a great turbo and trustworthy.. Just as much as garrett..

Wow that sounds good especially only 7psi!

What did it run with the old turbo?

Also got any pictures of it? I quite like Hondas aswell. =P

ADIKT']

[quote name='Lampard said:

Oh, wow that really sucks. What's up with people stealing things they cant get.. =

Yea it sucks... Never found the car or the people who stole it. Bastards

Damn, that's just really low. All that joy gone down the drain because of low lives. I hope your brother hasnt lost his spark in cars. Hope everything goes well for him in the future.

ADIKT said:

yea cheers man ive heard good thinks about them being reliable but without the garrett price tag .

was hoping someone may have used on on a sub but seams like the all going on nissans as per usual.

rex-leggy']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

/quote]

yea cheers man ive heard good thinks about them being reliable but without the garrett price tag .

was hoping someone may have used on on a sub but seams like the all going on nissans as per usual.

If i remember rightly there was a rex on trademe a while ago with a MP turbo... Wouldnt have a clue if it was a member at all...

Barry Manon has used these turbos to great success on his Toyota (ran a 10 sec quarter mile and won superlap a few years ago). They cant be that bad.

He also supplies them and I see he is now a Clubsub sponsor, so maybe drop him a PM - name on here is MRP LTD.

ADIKT']

Oh, wow that really sucks. What's up with people stealing things they cant get.. =

fuk sucks it got stolen man,i bet that woulda hauld ass.

how much did he spend on the motor,got a mate of mine with a 2000 ek civic type r he's keen as to turbo it.

sti8u']

how much did he spend on the motor,got a mate of mine with a 2000 ek civic type r he's keen as to turbo it.

It hauled ass alright...

Id hate to think how much he spent on it... a good 6g on the setup and rebuild then all the other bits and pieces on top of that.. Tell him not to bother with those cheap 'turbo kits' on trademe and shit...

ADIKT']

It hauled ass alright...

Id hate to think how much he spent on it... a good 6g on the setup and rebuild then all the other bits and pieces on top of that.. Tell him not to bother with those cheap 'turbo kits' on trademe and s***...

Hard I did my DC2 Type R bout 5 years ago. Spent s*** loads but made 270wkw and was an absolute handfull at the best of times lol.

Btw on the master power side of things I once saw a supra at NSDW when i was running and he had one, was doing low 11s that night but had a 10sec club sticker on the back windo so must be capable of going faster. (dont think your alowd to do 10s at NSDW as a street car tho as cage rules or somthing similar)

They seem to be a good turbo. My friend had a masterpower t3/t04e on a b18c motor which made 220wkws @ 8psi via crome tune. He doesn't own the car anymore but it's still around running the same turbo as far as i know.

Keep away from the Chinese turbos as stated in this thread. The seals tend to go very early on them.

billzy said:

They seem to be a good turbo. My friend had a masterpower t3/t04e on a b18c motor which made 220wkws @ 8psi via crome tune. He doesn't own the car anymore but it's still around running the same turbo as far as i know.

Keep away from the Chinese turbos as stated in this thread. The seals tend to go very early on them.

Silver EK sedan by any chance? forgot about that car if it is, A friends brother owns it back home and yeah has a masterpower turbo and runs mint, no smoke and as a very rapid car..

marc']

[quote name='billzy said:

/quote]

Silver EK sedan by any chance? forgot about that car if it is, A friends brother owns it back home and yeah has a masterpower turbo and runs mint, no smoke and as a very rapid car..

Yes, the Ek4 from Gisborne. Such a quick car if traction can be held. The twin plate in it made it a b!tch to drive though lol.

I had a b16a with a chinese t04e turbo making 180wkws. It went well within the time i had it. Then the oil seal problems arose for the next owner.

True thats the car lol little enki 15's or similar lol. Goes very well now with the built B18c block and b18cr head. Also did a Sinco mani and some other stuff. shoud be good for 270+ wkw now with some bigger injectors and a re tune or a plug in G4 with a tune!

Traction is always an issue then i started braking inner CV's! you can get nice half shafts from the US now days tho...werent around when I was having issues >:( lol