Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Good sounding aftermarket mufflers for Legacy?

maanh86

maanh86']

[quote name='subieboy said:

Buy something made for Holden/Ford V8's... Mine is now well over 6 years old and still going strong...

/quote]

Heh sounds odd, thing is 4th gens have a dual setup so dont think that would be an easy fit

Same set up as what many other manufacturers have

Most muffler shops can do something for you, and the advantage of the Aussie made ones are that they are "universal" and will ensure that the noise level is below the WOF threshold.

I have seen this done a few times to BH/BE, BM/BR, BP's etc ove in Aus as the mufflers come in a range of sizes just talk to your local muffler shop for ideas...

subieboy']

[quote name='subieboy said:

Buy something made for Holden/Ford V8's... Mine is now well over 6 years old and still going strong...

/quote]

Heh sounds odd, thing is 4th gens have a dual setup so dont think that would be an easy fit

Same set up as what many other manufacturers have

Most muffler shops can do something for you, and the advantage of the Aussie made ones are that they are "universal" and will ensure that the noise level is below the WOF threshold.

I have seen this done a few times to BH/BE, BM/BR, BP's etc ove in Aus as the mufflers come in a range of sizes just talk to your local muffler shop for ideas...

Yeah I was thinking of going down to pitstop, although I'm sure they'd tryn push their brands in.

Thing with mufflers is, I kinda need to hear what its like before fitting it in, guess I'd have to take their word for it..

Jord said:

A pair of STi Genomes is always a safe option on a BP Wagon. Quite around town changing to a deep note at WOT.

IMO they sound like fart cannons :D

No offense to anyone that likes them, just prefrence.

I'm after a nice deep rumble though, no rasp or fart

maanh86']

[quote name='Jord said:

A pair of STi Genomes is always a safe option on a BP Wagon. Quite around town changing to a deep note at WOT.

/quote]

IMO they sound like fart cannons :D

I agree; I really don't like the way they sound on bp/bl Legacies :(

maanh86 said:

Not gonna happen on an 03 leggie TBH.

Its always gonna sound like a 4 banger due to the equal length headers.

The American ones rumble as they have the 2.5 with UEL headers.

I had a Fujitsubo rear muffer on my '01 Blitzen. Nice rumble at idle, nice tone while driving, but still very quite.

(wasnt fart cannon type)

Picked it up for a box of Waikato at a Wreakers.

Zerosports and Kakimoto Regu 06 (I had this full exhaust on my V9 STi) are other good, quite systems from my own experiences

subout']

[quote name='maanh86 said:

Anyone know a good brand of mufflers to suit 03+ Legacy BP?

I've seen vids on LGT forums but its all US brands - magnaflow, perrin etc.

I'm after something with a nice bassy rumble, not too loud and nothing raspy ;D

/quote]

PM'd

Do us a favour and start importing some of the proper size BP GT rotors.

Most suppliers here only have the crappy 294mm whereas the beast models came with 315-316mm rotors.

You could always look at carrying stock of Hawk HPS pads for these cars as well?

webup']

Am amazed there are still people out there that dont know these have EL headers from factory ie no boxer rumble.

/quote]

Not gonna happen on an 03 leggie TBH.

Its always gonna sound like a 4 banger due to the equal length headers.

The American ones rumble as they have the 2.5 with UEL headers.

I'm not too sure about this, I think the USDM have ELH too and that 4th gens stopped UELH model wide?

Either way I know im not gonna get the same rumble sound on my 4th gen but would still like an aftermarket deep/bassy tone and not a raspy fart one.

Gonna seriously consider getting one from US if there arent any suppliers or good brands locally.

maanh86 said:

I'm not too sure about this, I think the USDM have ELH too and that 4th gens stopped UELH model wide?

Either way I know im not gonna get the same rumble sound on my 4th gen but would still like an aftermarket deep/bassy tone and not a raspy fart one.

Gonna seriously consider getting one from US if there arent any suppliers or good brands locally.

as far as I know the US only had the 2.5T motor with UELH, hence they rumble.

Only get from the US if its cheaper.

EVILWAYZ']

i got the 02 Gtb and just put a cheap xracing one on (off trademe) sounds nice i reckon nice grumble to it not all that loud plus come with a silencer if you want to put it in.

Yeah saw those, cheap for sure lol, whats the tone like?

/quote]

as far as I know the US only had the 2.5T motor with UELH, hence they rumble.

Only get from the US if its cheaper.

I did check the US lgt forums, you're absolutley right they have UELH ;D lucky sods!

I'm currently checking out some mufflers on trademe, got my eye on AdrenalinR if anyones heard that one before..

maanh86']

[quote name='EVILWAYZ said:

i got the 02 Gtb and just put a cheap xracing one on (off trademe) sounds nice i reckon nice grumble to it not all that loud plus come with a silencer if you want to put it in.

/quote]

Yeah saw those, cheap for sure lol, whats the tone like?

um hard to explain but i like its not very loud in the car at all at idle sounds loud but once its got revs and engine noise(belts turbos ect) it aint actually that loud its a real deep sound have had a few comments already that it sounds good (including the 40 something year old woman i carpool with for work) only been on a week and thats without the silencer

EVILWAYZ said:

um hard to explain but i like its not very loud in the car at all at idle sounds loud but once its got revs and engine noise(belts turbos ect) it aint actually that loud its a real deep sound have had a few comments already that it sounds good (including the 40 something year old woman i carpool with for work) only been on a week and thats without the silencer

Sweet as, thanks for the info man, I'll keep those in mind just waiting to hear back on others. Seem like good value

Yeah that is a sweet system.

I've already got a frontpipe in though and only after mufflers.

Right now I'm tossing up between getting some Borlas $350 each, or some Ebay ones around $100 each.

Thing with the Ebay ones is that they'd be a gamble in terms of sound, they all do say deep smooth sound.

Might just be the guinea pig here ;D

I think you get what you pay for mate, may sound OK but there will be a trade off somewhere and its likely to be in the quality of the stainless and baffles etc. They won't sound good or last for long. I have found Remus to make a really nice tone used on Porsche flat 6's etc, and their basic mufflers weren't too bad prices when I bought one for my old Honda a while back

2c